Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, please school me on choosing a new FS bike. They both under $2000 which is what my budget is. What are the pros and cons and what are your opinions. I still dont understand "Maestro" vs Specialized " asymmetrical " suspension design. So which one is better quality of bike? I see the fit and finish from Specialized is slightly better. I am fine with either suspension travel. I am not doing hi jumps etc. I live in Northern CA, near Nevada City amd Folsom, Auburn type of ride. May be somedays in Downierville LOL. TIA

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Generally speaking, Giant will give a better spec for the money. For example, the trance comes with a dropper post which would need to be added to the stumpjumper. The Maestro suspension works very well. The Marin Hawk Hill 2 is also in your price range and is well-specced.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I personally think best dollar for dollar on stock builds you can't beat Giant. I have had a few trances and my brother has owned several. They are great bikes, and Giant's customer service is outstanding as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm very happy with my trance 3.
I can't speak of other bikes I've only owned two Giants. Definitely the best bang for your buck. Especially if you're on a limited budget .

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.