Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m a soon to be owner of a 2019 Enduro. I noticed that Specialized went with only 2 holes for the ISCG05 tab. I would like to install a bashguard, but am unsure if there’s any bashguide (bashguard + chainguide combo) that would be able to fit with just the 2 holes without stressing the frame.
I’m worried that the bashguides in the market that were designed to be mounted on the standard 3 hole tabs might not hold up as well on the 2 hole tabs on my frame.
Does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just run a normal bashguard and chainguide and dont worry that its only held on by two bolts...
Thanks for your reply oikeith, that is a bit reassuring but I'm also concerned that it may void the frame warranty - did your specialized dealer/lbs have anything to say about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
No Clue Crew
7,632 Posts
How would it void the warranty? It's how Spec. built the frame. You really only need two ISCG bolt tabs. Run whatever bash you like.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Its only a bashguard held on my 2 bolts, at worst the bolts will strip, I dont see anything else untowards which could happen. After having several collisions I dont see how this could really happen. You have to remember warranty claims arereally for manufacturing defects only, anything else generally falls under crash replacement...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its only a bashguard held on my 2 bolts, at worst the bolts will strip, I dont see anything else untowards which could happen. After having several collisions I dont see how this could really happen. You have to remember warranty claims arereally for manufacturing defects only, anything else generally falls under crash replacement...
I thought so as well. I was thinking the worst case scenario whereby the tabs will break upon hard impact, lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.