Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All ready for the DH world cup season to begin this weekend.

Season overall prediction
1. Gwin
2. Norton
3. Mulally

I am a bit biased in that prediction, should be a great year of racing none the less

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great ride from Bruni! Unfortunately redbull.tv had the title for the winning race runs before I was able to watch the replay. Thanks for the spoiler redbull.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
Rough weekend for Syndicate, can’t imagine they’ve had many this bad ever: Luca out before quali’s, Minnaar missing the cut for the first time in his career, and Loris crashing out in his race run.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Man, redbull ruined it for me too. I saw the results before watching it. Also was it me or did everyone and everything seem off, from the announcing, to the camera work, to the editing, to the camera angles on course......???

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If I missed watching on race day I usualy know some of the results before seeing the replay. That is not a big deal. I still very much enjoy watching the 2hrs of very interesting runs/commentary. Maybe you guys have sharper minds, but I forget/dont care who placed 200ths ahead untill I see it. It is much fun to watch all those riders trying to kickass.
Is it safe to say this one week later? I am a Gwin fan and looking at him talk in those interviews, I think he was surprised his wasn't a podium run despite all of his 'good sport' talk. I know I was surprised, but then I've been chasing a guy on an Intense for years, so I expected his madskills to prevail.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If I missed watching on race day I usualy know some of the results before seeing the replay. That is not a big deal. I still very much enjoy watching the 2hrs of very interesting runs/commentary. Maybe you guys have sharper minds, but I forget/dont care who placed 200ths ahead untill I see it. It is much fun to watch all those riders trying to kickass.
Is it safe to say this one week later? I am a Gwin fan and looking at him talk in those interviews, I think he was surprised his wasn't a podium run despite all of his 'good sport' talk. I know I was surprised, but then I've been chasing a guy on an Intense for years, so I expected his madskills to prevail.
Nah I find it much more compelling if I don't know the results, if I do find them out I end up just skimming through to see the results, and maybe what happened if a top racer didn't do well. I try to stay off bike websites, social media and avoid talking about it with friends until I have a chance to watch it myself.

Redbull did email me back, not a super straight answer but sounds like they'll do something about it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I was really hoping to see Gwin be back on top. Hope he can put it all together with the new team/bike and make a run for the championship.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was really hoping to see Gwin be back on top. Hope he can put it all together with the new team/bike and make a run for the championship.
Big changes for the big man, also a lot of young guns with speed working their way up the ranks. Good to see all the American blood in the mix

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.