Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used 2019 Carbon Smuggler from a buddy. Just had the rear shock (Fox Float DPS Elite) serviced by my LBS.

They said that there were two volume spacers in the negative chamber, and one in the positive side. They'd never seen that before.

Is this normal for the smuggler? I know the shock is doing some strange things and I think that may be why.

I have the rebound set fully 'slow' and it's just slightly mushy. If I go a single click faster it's too fast. It's been like that since I had it (only 50 hours on it when I bought it). I thought a service would help, but it didn't change anything.

The LBS (whom I really trust) said that the shock was in good shape, but the volume spacers like that was a first for them. They deal with a ton of high end brands (Pivot, Knolly, etc), so they have a wide range of experience.

Has anyone else seen this on their Smuggler? The guy I bought it from says he never touched the shock.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It was a way for transition to use the cheap DPS insted of a high volume can or piggypack. Sad to say, there is no fix. I was experencing the same issue. Fox makes a DPX2 in metric sizing. You will need to run it upside down becuase of the clearance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been lucky to ride this bike in Derby, Tasmania (both at the EWS and other times) as well as recently in Bellingham, WA with some of the guys from Transition.

I don't race Enduro but it goes down all the stages just fine, and is certainly a better bike than I am rider... ;)

Only minor faults for me are the limited rear tyre size and maybe the cable routing for us Australians, who dont run the rear brake on the RHS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.