Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a dropper on their 2018 Spark RC 900?

I am considering picking one up, but don’t see any cable routing options if I went with a cabled option.

I know I could go wireless, but definitely at a premium cost.

Curious what anyone is running and how you like it.

·
Sneaker man
3,656 Posts
Pretty sure the RC's have been stealth dropper compatable since like 2017...but could be wrong.

My 2015 regualt spark is non stealth compatable, but I just run an external, runs down the downtube (but I have external brake line to zip to) and then up through the rear triangle to the post, works fine, isn't in the way at all...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hy.
On the front of the bike were the Breaking/Shifting housings come out from the frame, theres the possibility of two housings in each side.
One of that can be used for the remote of the Dropper.if you don't see it, probably because you have to change that plastic thing that's bolted to the frame:

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Is anyone running a dropper on their 2018 Spark RC 900?

I am considering picking one up, but don't see any cable routing options if I went with a cabled option.

I know I could go wireless, but definitely at a premium cost.

Curious what anyone is running and how you like it.
Check out my thread. I put a fox transfer in. The frame cable grommets have a spare hole to route the dropper cable. The lever choice is difficult because the Scott 3 lever twinloc is awkward. I went with the Crankbother lever and like it. There is another thread with someone running a wolftooth extended lever on the bottom of the Twinloc which I would look at too.

https://forums.mtbr.com/scott-sports/scott-spark-rc-900-world-cup-being-built-1096415.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out my thread. I put a fox transfer in. The frame cable grommets have a spare hole to route the dropper cable. The lever choice is difficult because the Scott 3 lever twinloc is awkward. I went with the Crankbother lever and like it. There is another thread with someone running a wolftooth extended lever on the bottom of the Twinloc which I would look at too.

https://forums.mtbr.com/scott-sports/scott-spark-rc-900-world-cup-being-built-1096415.html
How did you pull the cable through and around the bottom bracket?

Lap, how much weight did that Fox dropper add?

·
Registered
421 Posts
How did you pull the cable through and around the bottom bracket?

Lap, how much weight did that Fox dropper add?
The bike shop used the Park magnet tool to route the housing. You can buy it at JensonUSA. Or you can just use a weighted fishing line and turn your frame to get the weight to go around the corner.

The stock seat post is 216g. I believe the Fox post is 450g, probably another 70g for lever. I'd say you're adding around 3/4 of a pound.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bike shop used the Park magnet tool to route the housing. You can buy it at JensonUSA. Or you can just use a weighted fishing line and turn your frame to get the weight to go around the corner.

The stock seat post is 216g. I believe the Fox post is 450g, probably another 70g for lever. I'd say you're adding around 3/4 of a pound.

Thanks! What dropper length did you end up going with and why?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks! What dropper length did you end up going with and why?
I went with a 100mm dropper. That was the longest length that would fit in Fox. I could have went with other manufacturers with a shorter length and used 125mm but I already use Fox on my other bikes and never had an issue with them. The kink in the Scott seat tube is the limiting factor.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went with a 100mm dropper. That was the longest length that would fit in Fox. I could have went with other manufacturers with a shorter length and used 125mm but I already use Fox on my other bikes and never had an issue with them. The kink in the Scott seat tube is the limiting factor.
What size bike do you have? I have a large and when I measured it out, it looked like a 150mm would fit....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hy!
I have a SPARK RC 900 S size, and i'm using a 125mm Fox Transfer droper.
I think because i have a 170mm Crank (before i had a 175 i think) it gave me the exact space for it.
When i made the change,i had to moove up a little bit the standart seatpost i had.
I'm using with no issues the 125mm Fox Droper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hy.
On the front of the bike were the Breaking/Shifting housings come out from the frame, theres the possibility of two housings in each side.
One of that can be used for the remote of the Dropper.if you don't see it, probably because you have to change that plastic thing that's bolted to the frame:

I've been trying to find a US-based source for these and am coming up blank. Any suggestions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.