Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1017 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looks like they caved in after saying they wouldn't make a full suss xc bike again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
2,639 Posts
This would go nice next to my Hightower.....but I must resist......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wish it also came in 27.5 flavor. Nonetheless, I am glad they came to their senses and made a pure XC oriented light full suspension bike. Honestly I was expecting they would name it Tallboy XC. Now any takers for my Tallboy 2CC? :).

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I just dropped $$$ on new Epic last week. Last wheel the lightest most XC FS Santa Cruz was the Tallboy... Now...

Well can't go back so time to stick my head in the sand.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I wish we couldve gotten the pinkbike ride report on the Blur/34 combo. That interests me more than a stepcast or SID.
- Just KNOW it will be better than the aforementioned Stepcast/SID. Slap a Dropper on there and get the middle-width SCB Wheels and you'll have a sub 25# WEAPON.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Would be good to see a real world review rather than the Santa Cruz marketing machine going to town. While Santa Cruz make nice bikes they don't always make fast bikes, so feeling skeptical about the new blur as a xc race bike.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
There's always ebay, craigslist, etc!
Yeah, but the real question is how the bike side by side. Impossible to know for sure right now. I know the Epic is fast bike and the blur has similar numbers. In the flesh on the trail is real judge. I believe the Blur will be competitive at the very least. It is too bad this came out now rather than a few weeks ago. Then I could given the blur a strong considerations. I alreay have two Santa Cruz bikes. My highball is really nice and I think underrated as XC HT. The 5010 is good, but not light and that in part due to how I built it. Still like it alot. The Epic is replacing the Highball and I would have given consideration to the Blur had I not already placed my order. In fact bike should be in my hands as early as today.

Good to see SC getting back in to this market as while the Tallboy is good not everyone wants a $5000 29lbs bike.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This new Blur seems to bridge the Specialized Epic to Camber gap that I was struggling to decide between. I was looking at Tallboys this week, but they seemed too trail for my racing aspirations, but then the Epic is too XC for my trail aspirations ....

Is there any of the online dealers who do 20% site wide sales etc that would cover bikes from Santa Cruz? Cambria? Backcountry/Competitive Cyclist etc?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
This new Blur seems to bridge the Specialized Epic to Camber gap that I was struggling to decide between. I was looking at Tallboys this week, but they seemed too trail for my racing aspirations, but then the Epic is too XC for my trail aspirations ....

Is there any of the online dealers who do 20% site wide sales etc that would cover bikes from Santa Cruz? Cambria? Backcountry/Competitive Cyclist etc?
Very unlikely an online retailer will give a discount on a brand new SC bike.
These bikes might be hard to get for few months.
SC bikes go on sale on BC or CC just before a replacement model is announced or when a new colors come out, which usually happens around 18 months into the models life.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats cool, he did one for the new highball as well so put that on that thread, he used to write and still does for some mountain bike mags in the uk, he has loads of other bikes on his you tube channel
I like his style, very entertaining. Also, a great rider. Those trails are more technical than they look on the video, particularly when they are wet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is it a mistake in the spec sheet that shows the c-s and c-xe have non-boost front forks? They're shown as 100x15, yet the base s and x01 and xx1 reserve are boost.

1 - 20 of 1017 Posts