Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1272 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picking mine up tonight. Dropped the bike off the other day seen the frame. With post a pic tonight I had the matte green see how it looks.
Great thanks for the reply, really appreciate a picture
I am going to contact my dealer today to see what is going on
thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
In regards to the recall has anyone received their bike back with the new aluminum frame?
Supposedly they are in the process of releasing to dealers.
Recall should have been its own thread unless I missed it
Thank you
Got mine back a few days ago, so did a friend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got mine. The grey is actually pretty sharp the green rear triangle doesn’t look great with it haha but paint that black or silver and look super good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow that looks awful. I'd be pretty disappointed with the front triangle paint scheme with a couple exceptions. It's too bad because the replacement carbon front is their best colourway of 2020.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in Australia and got my instinct back yesterday, was the green 2018 A50 model. Before and after shot below. Dont mind the grey, though will need to do something to tie it in with the green rear triangle, either some green on the front or respray the rear to match the new grey as well.
20180812_155718_1600pxl.jpg

20200805_083522_1600pxl.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Australia and got my instinct back yesterday, was the green 2018 A50 model. Before and after shot below. Dont mind the grey, though will need to do something to tie it in with the green rear triangle, either some green on the front or respray the rear to match the new grey as well.

Well, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. not too happy though...

Probably will get the rear triangle repainted and remove the decals.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got a 2019 Instinct Carbon 70 and I'm thinking on getting a 160mm for with DPX2 rear shock.

Does anyone know the steerer tube length? I think it's 7-1/8"? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Coil

Anyone Rocky coil front and rear on this bike? The Marzocchi bomber z1 coil and bomber coil shock sounds pretty nice

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anyone had success going tubeless with the original rim tape that comes on the Sun Düroc 30 rims on an A50 Instinct?

I picked up some valves, adhesive rim tape, and Orange Seal and skipped the adhesive rim tape. Just wondered what the chance of long term success was with the original tape.
It sure seated nicely, and I don't see any sealant oozing...

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone had success going tubeless with the original rim tape that comes on the Sun Düroc 30 rims on an A50 Instinct?

I picked up some valves, adhesive rim tape, and Orange Seal and skipped the adhesive rim tape. Just wondered what the chance of long term success was with the original tape.
It sure seated nicely, and I don't see any sealant oozing...

Looks like Stans Tubeless rim tape, so should work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
CHAIN SLAP BE GONE

I've done two upgrades in the last months that I well and truly wish I'd done before:
1. Ditch the GX Eagle and slap on an 11-speed XT drivetrain (11-46 cassette)
2. Install STFUbike

Never really liked the GX Eagle, when it works it works but needs constant attention to work well. Spares and replacements get expensive in the long run, and chains wear out way too fast to my liking. But man does the old 11-speed XT just work. And it's cheap too! Slap it on and ride. Can't say that the decreased range matters much to me. Happy!

A friend of mine got the STFUbike chain slap canceling thingys when they first became available and man did we give him grief for it. Looks stupid and.......they just plain work. Was a bit hesitant to try them because the chain runs super close to the chainstay even with the 11-speed sprocket (8ish mm on a good day). Installed them and cut them as short as possible and went for a ride. BLESSED SILENCE! My bike has never been this silent. Never. So friggin' happy!

Oh yeah, new wheels too.

1241 - 1260 of 1272 Posts