Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at picking up 2018 Giant Trance 4 for a good deal, but would want to convert it to a 1X setup.

All Giant says is that it's a FSA pressfit bottom bracket.
Anyone know what 1X cranks I could use with that bottom bracket?

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
The FSA has a 24mm spindle, according to their website.
You certainly could remove the current BB and replace it with pretty much whatever you want, though. That's what I would do. Do you have a crankset that you would like to run?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, just looking for the cheapest option haha. I already have a shimano deore 11-42 10 speed cassette & chain I plan on using on it.
I also don't have a BB press and wanted to do the work myself, so hoping to find some decent cranks that would work with the existing BB

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
no, just looking for the cheapest option haha. I already have a shimano deore 11-42 10 speed cassette & chain I plan on using on it.
I also don't have a BB press and wanted to do the work myself, so hoping to find some decent cranks that would work with the existing BB
In that case, I'd just take the front shifter and derailleur off, stick the chain on one of the chainrings and ride it. Cost = $0.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.