Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

441 - 460 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
v3 BLUE

Got it Tuesday. Built it. Not yet ridden. Just posting some pics because...BLUE!

Now...I have a Paradox V3 as well...but the Titan still calls.

IMG_20200507_093840763.jpg
IMG_20200507_093847736.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
At 6'2" would I be ok on a large V2?
Depends on how you like your bikes to fit and what you want the bike to do.

If you read back through the forum I think you'll find most (myself included) who are around your height opted for the XL with no regrets.

You able to test ride it?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Anyone grind down the ISCG to give more room when servicing lower link so you do not need to pull the BB on drive side?

Generally speaking, do you find the upper most link bearings needs replacement first?
(V2)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone grind down the ISCG to give more room when servicing lower link so you do not need to pull the BB on drive side?

Generally speaking, do you find the upper most link bearings needs replacement first?
(V2)
I just did a full bearing swap and found the lower bearings stuck in behind the ISCG plate to be in the worst shape of all. So bad that one of the bearings seized to the pivot. Bearing came out of the frame with the axle still attached :O Yes, I'd neglected to grease the axle for 2 winters, so I was asking for trouble!

Not sure if others have experienced the same with the bearing wear though.

I considered grinding the tab down, but now that I have a bottom bracket tool and breaker bar, I figured it's only an extra 15 mins to whip the BB out and clean it while I'm doing the links.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for the Topaz suggestions! Wow, the Monarch plus sucked ass.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry guys, supper dumb question. I’m at work and need a new chain.
Will 116 links work for 28/51T or do I need the 126 links?
L-v2 prime. Typically I just get the longer chain and toss the extra without counting what I ended up with. Locally I can get the 116 on way from home.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Sorry guys, supper dumb question. I’m at work and need a new chain.
Will 116 links work for 28/51T or do I need the 126 links?
L-v2 prime. Typically I just get the longer chain and toss the extra without counting what I ended up with. Locally I can get the 116 on way from home.
We sell buildkits with 118 links, but with 28 tooth chainring 116 should do you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks, I counted 112 with current 28/46. 12spd change didn't happen but figure 116 will work with 28 or 30 ring when I do.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just a follow-up. 216 links was needed using Shimano set-up guide for 12spd. (28/51T) V2 M-Prime. Was thinking about 30t ring but I actually use 28/51 a bunch on steep game/ hiking trails. Pushing sucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, wanted to ask if anyone tried 29'' front with 27,5'' rear. My current rear wheel is abused and I am thinking about going mullet.

I ride in low setting with limo dropouts (29'' long) with pike 150 up front.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think you are gonna have a lot of pedal strikes. But may as well give it a try. Can always move to high setting if it's too low.

441 - 460 of 465 Posts