Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
How does this bike climb vs other bikes you guys have ridden, all the reviews I have read give this bike high praise.

This bike is on my list of next bikes to own, Im also digging the Django 29,Jeffsy, SB5,SB4.5 and 5010... I have ridden the 5010 and thought it was a lot of fun, Im going to demo the Yeti's soon, cant demo a Jeffsy or the Devinci's

·
Registered
300 Posts
How does this bike climb vs other bikes you guys have ridden, all the reviews I have read give this bike high praise.

This bike is on my list of next bikes to own, Im also digging the Django 29,Jeffsy, SB5,SB4.5 and 5010... I have ridden the 5010 and thought it was a lot of fun, Im going to demo the Yeti's soon, cant demo a Jeffsy or the Devinci's
I ride a 2016 Troy Carbon with 160mm Pike. I had a 2015 Yt Capra Al and find it climbs noticeably better than that. I also had a 2013 or 14 Santa Cruz 5010 and think that climbed a little better than the Troy. In terms of handling rugged and steep terrain, the Troy is also better than the 5010 (this was the older 5010) but not as good at the Capra. Overall, the Troy is easily my favorite out of the three and I hope to hang onto it for a while.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a 15 Troy Carbon and mine climbs great. In my opinion your bike setup will make a huge difference on how it climbs. If it is set up with heavy wheels and super plush suspension, then no its not going to climb very well. Its all in the setup.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a 15 Troy Carbon and mine climbs great. In my opinion your bike setup will make a huge difference on how it climbs. If it is set up with heavy wheels and super plush suspension, then no its not going to climb very well. Its all in the setup.
True. In the above experiences I actually had the same wheels on all three frames and set up suspension carefully, so it was a pretty fair comparison.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey Devinci Owners....is this a good deal?

I've been looking for my first full suspension bike, likely going used. I came across a craiglist offer on a 2017 Devinci Troy Alloy GX for $1500. Looks like it has a few components different from the stock build, i.e. 12 speed (not 11), different dropper post, deore brakes (not sram guide), 2.6 tires (not 2.3). Seller mentioned a few scuffs on fork lowers, none on frame.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow afternoon. Short notice I know, but is it a good deal? What to look for? Are you the seller?

2017 Devinci Troy-size Large
1x12 Sram eagle GX cassette 11t-50t/ raceface 30t crank
BC aluminum pedals
Sram GXP crank arms
Shimano Deore hydraulic breaks

LEV dx dropper post/ specialized gel seat
Rear shock: Sram Rock Shox Monarch RT
Front shock:Sram Rock Shox Pike
New Sram eagle chain
Sz. Lrg matching Yeti mtb gloves(never worn too small)
GIRO 300psi shock pump
Just had full service done in September-ridden once since then. This bike was 3700 new and is in perfect working condition. Frame has no scratches or scuffs.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts