1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available in Alloy and Carbon
Farley EX 8 $3499 and Farley EX 9.8 $5499 USD
Farley EX 8 $4600 and Farley EX 9.8 $7200 CDN

12983955_10154107210554555_7688439161536692141_o.jpg 12970969_10154107210434555_9162489861595609849_o.jpg

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
whoa..love my Farley so far and I loved my old EX9 as well.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I was wanting a fuel ex 9, maybe ill sell the 6 and get just a farley ex 8 and a second 29 wheelset

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Yawn, another me too, copy cat "option" from the evil empire of the industry, yay, not.
I've considered them as such ever since they bought and pimped Gary Fisher.

Not sure on the copycat, perhaps the Bucksaw? 11nine? Lenz? That said, we all knew it was coming. Next up, where's Spesh's version?

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
After you build the frame, after you pull the tubing, after you mine the raw ore and smelt it... of course. Nothing like doin' a job yourself.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,286 Posts
They copied the *idea* of fat fs, not any particular model. Had they been a true leader, they would be first, not say, 6th.

They haven't been relevant in a long time, they simply follow trends then leverage their might to foist product on as many people as are willing to spend the $.

Anybody here know that Gary Fisher, Keith Bontrager, Gary Klein, Greg Lemond et al, actually made bikes under their own names before being crushed like bugs by Trek who fears/buys any competitor they can?

Fisher liked 29ers, was one of the early pioneers in the movement. Trek wasn't sure they were a license to print money yet, so they kept him around, just long enough for proof of concept, then gave him the axe. Nice.

I could go on, but it's boring industry stuff like screwing long serving LBS dealers, filling the parts supply chain with vast amounts of grey market parts on the web based companies, etc....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They copied the *idea* of fat fs, not any particular model. Had they been a true leader, they would be first, not say, 6th.

They haven't been relevant in a long time, they simply follow trends then leverage their might to foist product on as many people as are willing to spend the $.

Anybody here know that Gary Fisher, Keith Bontrager, Gary Klein, Greg Lemond et al, actually made bikes under their own names before being crushed like bugs by Trek who fears/buys any competitor they can?

Fisher liked 29ers, was one of the early pioneers in the movement. Trek wasn't sure they were a license to print money yet, so they kept him around, just long enough for proof of concept, then gave him the axe. Nice.

I could go on, but it's boring industry stuff like screwing long serving LBS dealers, filling the parts supply chain with vast amounts of grey market parts on the web based companies, etc....

I was sure you were going to end all that with a "Now get off my lawn" blast.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Nearly every industry leader in every market has copied ideas and improved on them to get where they are today. Apple copied the idea of the graphical user interface... why should it stop people from buying their products?

When you copy an idea you still need to make it better or a better value than your competitors in order for people to buy it.

I wasn't really concerned with who came up with the idea first when I was choosing which bike to purchase. I chose based on which one I liked riding the best. It happened to be a Farley 8.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,286 Posts
I was sure you were going to end all that with a "Now get off my lawn" blast.
Ha!

As for the rest, if buying from the Koch Industries of the bike world works for you, all good.

And yes, I understand there's nothing new under the sun, I just prefer supporting brands that don't act like they invented the wheel and that their poop doesn't stink.... ;)

I'm out, just spreading a little sunshine everywhere I go today.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Trek's fat bike are arguably the best designed out there, generally receive very favorable reviews, and are a great value. I didn't really want to buy a Trek (fattie), but I did and I love it. That's the only Trek I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ha!

As for the rest, if buying from the Koch Industries of the bike world works for you, all good.

And yes, I understand there's nothing new under the sun, I just prefer supporting brands that don't act like they invented the wheel and that their poop doesn't stink.... ;)

I'm out, just spreading a little sunshine everywhere I go today.

I understand, and if I were an LBS that didn't carry Trek who's to say I wouldn't feel the same way you do about them, but I think they are more forward thinking than you're giving them credit for.

Domane was a really cool idea. Not that there's anything wrong with a road bike (cough, cough)

27.5 fat tires were pretty cool, even if you weren't a fan of that tire size, it was still very cool of them to do it and it took some balls.

I am sure I'm missing some, but the point is they do their own thinking from time to time and every bike company rips off something from somebody and tries to make it their own.

·
Human Test Subject
1,327 Posts
27.5 fat is stupid. 27.5+ is the answer to more air volume with the same diameter as 29ers.

27.5 fat is the answer to less air volume than 26x5.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts