Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy..
looking at building up a old/new 2017 Stumpy carbon 650b/27.5 standard (not the 6fattie model).
would like to ask the owners here:
1) what it the max tire the rear triangle will clear? hoping to use 2.6 or 2.8 Schwalbe Rocket Ron tires

2) what is the BB height?... I was riding for some time the 2017 stumpy 6fattie 27.5 model and had quite a few pedal strikes.. wondering if the standard 27.5 is same or perhaps different geometry and BB is lower or higher...

Those that ridden 27.5 standard and 27.5 fattie.. which one you liked better.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Seems to me there was a lower bbh on 2017 models w an updated yoke on 2018’s. A friend of mine has a cabon comp w purg 2.6” and its fine. Way better than butcher slaughter combo.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to me there was a lower bbh on 2017 models w an updated yoke on 2018's. A friend of mine has a cabon comp w purg 2.6" and its fine. Way better than butcher slaughter combo.
Hi, do I understand it correctly.... are you saying that 2017 had lower bbh than the 2018 models because the 2018 got an updated yoke... and then the 2018 models seem to be better with this update?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.