Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Ambassador of Chub
2,827 Posts
Hmmm...I started to type something out, but honestly, the things on my '2017 wishlist' for Salsa already have, or are about to be released, by Advocate - the Hayduke already is what the El Mar should have become a year or two ago (and probably will), a boosted version of a Fargo-esque bike (soon to be released) and a gravel bike made with a good steel frame/carbon fork (the Lorax). And a couple other things...

·
Banned
12 Posts
Hmmm...I started to type something out, but honestly, the things on my '2017 wishlist' for Salsa already have, or are about to be released, by Advocate - the Hayduke already is what the El Mar should have become a year or two ago (and probably will), a boosted version of a Fargo-esque bike (soon to be released) and a gravel bike made with a good steel frame/carbon fork (the Lorax). And a couple other things...
Well, hopefully not a boosted Cutty with a threaded BB. I have just bought the 2016 one:madman:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Woodsmoke a replacement for the Deadwood? Looking at possibly picking up a Deadwood but might wait and see what else is coming.
I think all of the Deadwoods are sold out, including frames. If they're going to make another 29+ bike, it probably won't be a rigid drop bar bike.

On another note, how does anybody know anything? Where are these names coming from? Both Woodsmoke and Timberjack sounds like Salsa names, but I can't tell if this is a joke or they have some insider information...

·
since 4/10/2009
32,012 Posts
Those names are real.

There is also a new Alternator dropout that will allow for changes in wheel size without screwing up bb height.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've seen rumors that the Vaya is going away. I'd really like a 57cm frame, but frames and completes appear all sold out. Any word on the future of the Vaya?

·
since 4/10/2009
32,012 Posts
I've seen rumors that the Vaya is going away. I'd really like a 57cm frame, but frames and completes appear all sold out. Any word on the future of the Vaya?
Vaya is not going away. Not this year, anyway. No idea on sizing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Samsquatch- 26+ rear, 29+ front, rear suspension, front rigid drop bar touring enduro bike

Reactions: Terp

·
Ambassador of Chub
2,827 Posts
Donkey Puncher - boosted full-sus downhill gravel bike.

Reactions: grizzler
1 - 20 of 349 Posts