Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New again rider here, just purchased my first mtb since my Giant Iguana I had in the early 90's! So some things have changed in the mtb world and I'm excited to get back into the scene. The new geo on these bikes is insane!

So I got a pretty big discount buying a 2017 model, and my purchase thru Jenson USA (no lbs) so far has been good. Took delivery on the bike last Friday and assembly was a breeze. Thank god cause its been a minute since I've done anything to a bike!

Haven't got much seat time unfortunately due to the fact that shortly into my maiden voyage I snapped my chain. I thought my shift was complete when I stood and stomped, but snap! It seems this is common but was hoping to get some insight because I've never snapped a chain like that before. I'm 6' 210# so that has changed since I was a kid on the Iguana.

Also I've got to say Jenson USA immediately hooked me up with one phone call a new chain is on the way. Should be here tomorrow!

·
Pinehurst NC
318 Posts
bummer on the chain! We've got a Loki in the fleet, hella fun!!! Post up some pics in the Orbea sub forum here, underrated bike for sure

1 - 2 of 2 Posts