Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this bike? LBS has a lightly used owner demo bike with some upgrades. I already have the 2018 Honzo AL/DL(blue pic) but need another bike. I trust the source so not worried about the transaction just curious what too look for? It's an expensive bike but it's only been ridden a few times supposedly and I actually believe this. It's been just sitting there in the shop for over a year no mvmt. With the upgrades its rumored to be a 5k bike. If the condition is truly pristine excellent, what should I pay for it?

I believe the reason they can't move it is because its Carbon so know one wants to chance frame issues. No Lifetime Warranty from Kona.

Also I would like to ride it but I weigh 220lbs. I've heard carbon & weight dont mix well but the owner said that's not the case. If not my wife can ride it.

Thoughts?

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,828 Posts
The Honzo CR is a good sturdy frame, it's not weight weenie race bike carbon, it's Kona carbon. At 220 you will have no problems, your no where near the limit of that frame.

I can't tell you what to pay for it but it's a sweet bike as you know. I wouldn't have any reservations about the frame material.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agreed with OneSpeed, the Kona carbon frame will be fine for your weight, and is a great bike. If it’s been sitting for a year, I would offer 2500. That being said, I still feel the best honzo is one made of steel.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had one for a few years now (like 6k mi I think)...love the thing. I beat the hell out of it, definitely stout.

Solid build kit, only things I've really done are carbon wheels and cockpit.

Have been looking into a short travel rig to replace it, but I can't bring myself to do it because it is such a great bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some of the pics of the bike. Some say pass because I already have an AL Honzo but to pick this up for the wife for the right price and still whip it I'm game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.