Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can change the travel on the 2017 Fox 34 Performance Elite 120mm? I read that the 2016 you cannot without changing out the damper. Didn't know if this was true of the 2017 as well. I just bought one...before reading this. I wanted to increase it to 130 or 140. 120 is enough...but I'd like a little more travel and wanted to slack out my bike slightly as well.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. The only thing I could find was 2016 Fox 34 120mm travel forks specifically were not able to be changed by simply changing out the air shaft. They needed a whole new damper. No mention of other years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know if you can change the travel on the 2017 Fox 34 Performance Elite 120mm? I read that the 2016 you cannot without changing out the damper. Didn't know if this was true of the 2017 as well. I just bought one...before reading this. I wanted to increase it to 130 or 140. 120 is enough...but I'd like a little more travel and wanted to slack out my bike slightly as well.
I have the same 2017 Fox Performance Elite 34 and looking to go from 130mm to 150mm and don't see any air shaft options available. I only see 2018+. Any chance you know this this will work? I'm doing a lot of research and not finding any luck. Suggestions appreciated. Any luck yourself?

·
Registered
577 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.