Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Probably not much other than paint spec. Specialized seems to be on the 3 yearish plan for frame changes:

Epic: redesigned 2009, 2011, 2014,... 2017?
Stumpy fsr: redesigned 2010, minor change in 2012, rumored for 2016...
Enduro: 2010, small change in 2013 and then 29er added latter half of 2013 and 650b 2015...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I read some other posts, top of the line Epics have Rockshox RS-1, OMG expensive and heavier, and have Shimano electronic shifting. Wonder how much that will cost??? It's gotta be over $10,000.
It's going to be pretty hard to improve current generation Epics. I have 2014 S-Works WC, it is pretty awesome!

·
mtnbkr4life
244 Posts
Well again I have amassed too many toys, It is time to part with my beloved , ultralight, blingy, sexy and amazingly fast Orange Dreamsicle,
I currently have 5 high end bikes (I am not complaining)and this one gets ridden the least, It is a racers dream bike. I am sure a few of you have seen my custom builds they are all nothing short of amazing.
I have ridden the epic about four times probably has only 50 miles on it if that
The bike is like "Brand New"
If anyone is interested please send me private message as I will be posting on PB soon and she will go fast.
I will not give this bike away , however I will offer it at a fair price considering all the super high end bits and low miles/ perfect condition.

See link below

2015 S-Build Epic World Cup Gallardo Orange

2015 S-Build Epic World Cup Large
Rockshox RS-1 Brain Fork 95mm
Roval Control SL Torque Tube wheelset
Specialized S-Works carbon seatpost
Sram XX1 Rear Mech, Shifter and chain
Sram XO1 Cassette
Specialized Fact Carbon Crankset
Carbon-Ti X-Monosync Direct mount 28t Titanium chainring
Tune Kill Hill brakeset
Ashima AI2 160mm rotors
Specialized S-Works Toupe saddle
Specialized S-Works Fast Trak 2.0
Specialized S-Works Renegade 1.95
Extralite Hyperstem 90mm stem
Extralite Hyperbars 700mm Extralite
Hyper grips
20lbs 15ozs

Specialized 2015 Bikes - ACTUAL WEIGHTS - Page 7- Mtbr.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
If spec is correct it looks like the 2016 S-Works Epic WC has 100mm of travel vs '14-15 having 95mm. If this is a bike for 1.5hr World Cup like XC racing why is the travel getting longer and not shorter? This thing should have 80-90mm and be as light as can be, Come On.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If spec is correct it looks like the 2016 S-Works Epic WC has 100mm of travel vs '14-15 having 95mm. If this is a bike for 1.5hr World Cup like XC racing why is the travel getting longer and not shorter? This thing should have 80-90mm and be as light as can be, Come On.
I am guessing that they are tweaking weight vs shock travel efficiency. Logically speaking less shock distance=lighter but sacrificing comfort. I wonder all the world class riders such as Sauser and Kulhavy gave some inputs that extra 5mm of travel is worth additional grams :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
The 5mm is achieved with a 5mm longer air shaft. Which weighs practically nothing. Also to note is that many are racing the RS-1 which is heavier.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hitting stores now
the frame still says 95mm in the rear

·
Registered
97 Posts
Holy I am drueling batman!
I am SO curious how RS1 fork feels like. Can't afford 2016, stuck with my POS 2014 S-Works Epic WC :)

I wish I got an opportunity to do a blind test between my shock setup vs RS1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts