Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2016 Expert Fuse and got tired/wary of the rear hub. I have a set of DT wheels on the way with the center lock disc mounts. Any advise on bolt on/centerlock disc adapters vs new discs? My bolt on discs are serviceable, wouldn't mind a new set of discs though. Will the centerlocks slide into my calipers? Is the offset the same as bolt on discs?

I have the Purgatory 3" tires now, love the grip in turns. Any recommendations for grippy 2.8's. Riding packed dirt, loose stuff, river gravel, shale. Can't ride when wet due to sticky clayey muck.

Thanks, MikeB

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2016 Expert Fuse and got tired/wary of the rear hub. I have a set of DT wheels on the way with the center lock disc mounts. Any advise on bolt on/centerlock disc adapters vs new discs? My bolt on discs are serviceable, wouldn't mind a new set of discs though. Will the centerlocks slide into my calipers? Is the offset the same as bolt on discs?

I have the Purgatory 3" tires now, love the grip in turns. Any recommendations for grippy 2.8's. Riding packed dirt, loose stuff, river gravel, shale. Can't ride when wet due to sticky clayey muck.

Thanks, MikeB
New wheels deserve new discs ! Going adapters is economical way to go but you'll probly have to do a minor adjustment either way. Plus you'll have a complete wheelset to sell and recoop the cl rotor purchase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.