Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

401 - 420 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
And it does if anyone bothered to read my post. But since English is hard for either me or you guys, let me try to rephrase and shed new light on it. The spacer looks like it came out the opposite way. It fits perfectly into the recess. The diagram's orientation is opposite of it fitting in the recess. The reason I even have doubts is cause my bike is one of the bikes that didn't come with the spacers. When I asked devinci they initially told me it wasn't supposed to come with spacers. When I asked again because someone told me they are absolutely supposed to, they said it did so I feel like I really can't trust their tech support. This is why I'm asking if someone remembers the orientation. I know people like giving obvious answers because it makes them feel smarter than others but please actually read before posting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Technical question: Have any of you guys done your pivots or even flipped the chip? I just replaced all my bearings and am confused on the orientation of a tapered washer/bushing. I don't remember the orientation when I took it out. In the diagrams, it shows the tapered part faces towards the bearing but the diameter of the entire bushing/washer rests inside the recess of the bearing so much that it looks like that may be the proper way to put it back in. Help!
Yes, the tapered side faces towards the bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take a look at the Troy tech doc. on devinci site.
Tapered part should rest on the inner race of the bearing.

Yes, just follow the orientation as per Devinci's documentation.

I've just changed out all the bearings on my Troy, and can confirm that the documents are accurate.
(I think that it is an industry standard to have these types of spacers/washers resting on the inner race of the bearing, where as the other shell of the bearing is resting on the "frame"?)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am running Maxxis DHF & Rekon 2.6's and i have room to spare. This is on 30mm SC Reserve wheels. I am tempted to go 2.8's and think they would fit as long as you don't ride somewhere crazy muddy. It looks to me like the size limitation on my set up would be the vertical height on the rear wheel getting close to the rear triangle brace, rather than the width. Maybe some wider wheels would help fix that. If i remember i will take a picture for you later today.

·
Registered
856 Posts
thanks for the photos. funny thing, i asked Devinci through their FB messenger and they basically said, in a French accented way, we don't really know ask a dealer. they are a funny company in the dealing with the public sense.... but then again, they are French Canadian and any Canadians reading this forum knows exactly what that means.

·
Registered
890 Posts
thanks for the photos. funny thing, i asked Devinci through their FB messenger and they basically said, in a French accented way, we don't really know ask a dealer. they are a funny company in the dealing with the public sense.... but then again, they are French Canadian and any Canadians reading this forum knows exactly what that means.
They are a shitty business to deal with. And worst, they are in the mood of not honoring they warranty.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
They are a shitty business to deal with. And worst, they are in the mood of not honoring they warranty.
Meh, they just really heavily on their dealer base to provide after sale service/warranty. They could be better with direct communication, but they are a great bike company in my experience.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I put a 2.8 Slaughter on the back and it fits fine. I had the 2.8 up front and a 2.6 in the back at first but switched them around now.
These are mounted on 29 id rovals.
2.6 slaughter on 30mm rims
2.6 magic mary in front.

No clearance issues

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just joined the Troy club. Ordered a deeply discounted 2017 Alloy GX through my LBS to replace my aging Tracer 2. So excited, it's my first new bike since 2011!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I’m looking at the same one. Let me know how you like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will definitely post my impressions if I ever get it. Fedex is killing me. It shouldn't take 10+ days to ship a bike from Montreal to here. Arrrgh! :D

I'm now bikeless. I put the Tracer up for sale on Monday and it was gone by lunchtime Tuesday at my asking price. I figured it would take at least a week to sell it. Guess I underestimated the used market.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Troy Suspension Setup

I'd be interested to see how people are running their suspension. I'm not getting near full travel (no volume reducers installed) but any softer and my climbing position suffers and pedal strikes are common.

Rider: 180lb
Pressure: 220psi, on my pump
Sag: 33%
Travel Used: 39mm
Rebound: 1/2 way on Monarch+ L/L. 3 clicks on stock Monarch RT3.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'd be interested to see how people are running their suspension. I'm not getting near full travel (no volume reducers installed) but any softer and my climbing position suffers and pedal strikes are common.

I am 160 and struggled to get full travel. The progressiveness design keeps things poppy. Adding more sag will help.

I ended up with a can Creek inline coil instead and it has completely transformed the bike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keep in mind, bottom of the travel is not at the bottom of the stroke of the shock for the stock Monarch. I'd always think I wasn't reaching end of the travel, but its about 10-15 mm up from the end of the shaft.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Keep in mind, bottom of the travel is not at the bottom of the stroke of the shock for the stock Monarch. I'd always think I wasn't reaching end of the travel, but its about 10-15 mm up from the end of the shaft.
What I've done is mark the stroke a 50mm

Bottom out the shock and mark where the travel ring sits with a couple small dabs of paint like with a toothpick or something.

·
Registered
300 Posts

I am similar in weight, run similar settings and even with zero volume reducers and trying a bunch of variations and zero can never quite get the full 50mm shock travel even on a wide variety of trails, riding as hard/fast as I can. I do love the bike's ride, but wonder is the suspension design is so progressive that I'm just not quite an aggressive enough rider to bottom it.

Are you swapping back and forth between Monarch+ and RT3? Does the L/L tune make it right better overall? I feel like my rebound damping adjustment range is fine. I'm not sure if I want more or less compression damping in the open position. I just think the spring itself might be very slightly too progressive for me. That said, I get damn close and I've never had a harsh bottom out.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am similar in weight, run similar settings and even with zero volume reducers and trying a bunch of variations and zero can never quite get the full 50mm shock travel even on a wide variety of trails, riding as hard/fast as I can. I do love the bike's ride, but wonder is the suspension design is so progressive that I'm just not quite an aggressive enough rider to bottom it.

Are you swapping back and forth between Monarch+ and RT3? Does the L/L tune make it right better overall? I feel like my rebound damping adjustment range is fine. I'm not sure if I want more or less compression damping in the open position. I just think the spring itself might be very slightly too progressive for me. That said, I get damn close and I've never had a harsh bottom out.

With the M+ I have to wind in the rebound more since it's a light tune. I feel that the M+, although it is a light compression tune feels like it has more high speed compression that the RT3, (spikey on hard impacts). Just yesterday I put out a few emails to service center's in my area about further reducing the compression damping but I haven't got an answer yet.

So far I would say the M+ L/L is better in that it does not fade on long downhill runs, but it does not otherwise perform any better that the stock RT3. I'l like to try a CCDB coil but it's a big expense.

401 - 420 of 445 Posts