Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Any GXP crank should do. The truvativ stylo cranks are a good deal if buying new (250 for carbon and 125ish for aluminum). I also like the older s1400 and x9 with the removable spider. You can find those for pretty cheap these days.

FYI, there is no difference between boost and non-boost cranksets. The only difference is in the chainring offset. A boost crank is going to come with a boost offset chainring, so if your frame is not boost, that will need to be replaced. However the spindle and crank arms are identical.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so i picked up a used sram GX crankset. The left side does not have a tight fit. There is a small diameter difference between the shaft and the bearing. The crank side seems to be fine. Is this common and i will just need the correct bearing or does something seem off? the bearing feels smooth when i turn it by hand so i wouldnt think the bearing is bad.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Giant use press fit bb92? For a GXP installation did you put back the wavy washer? I remember this being the difference on my Anthem X 29er (press fit) vs my ROS/SIR 9 (threaded)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got one ordered. not sure how will make the shaft fit the bearing tighter. looking online, i noticed some of the BB have MTB on it. do all MTB bottom brackets have MTB stamped on it? Product Lens Line Black Cameras & optics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.