Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a new Camber Expert Evo with the hope that Specialized with change the brakes to X0 Trails. Any idea when the 2015 bikes will be announced?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi it's all good news no Sram Brake for 2015.
Are you sure?

I won't be surprised to see some use the new SRAM Guide brakes, especially on the XX1 and X01 builds. I suspect the reason the new 650b's have the XT's is that the Guides aren't available yet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shimano 1x11 and brakes would be a nice upgrade to the EVO that is already a great bike. I'd also like to see carbon wheels as an option.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2015 Tarmac was released last night so hopefully we'll see more coming in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
Alive So Go For A Ride
725 Posts
Are you sure?

I won't be surprised to see some use the new SRAM Guide brakes, especially on the XX1 and X01 builds. I suspect the reason the new 650b's have the XT's is that the Guides aren't available yet.
Hi the word is that most (if not all) will be fitted we Shimano Brakes!
At last good brakes

:)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The guide brakes are getting good initial reviews so I don't think they can go wrong with either upgrade over the Formulas.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I haven't paid attention until recently. Do they always have an early and a late release? I remember last year they were low end bikes, then high end later. Wondering if they've been consistent with how they release.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last year I thought they released the new bikes on July 15 so this would be a little early but we can always hope to see some of the new products.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It is either general upgrade or early release but not full release which someone above mentioned happens in July. You have already seen two offerings from 2015 with the 650B Stump FSR and the new Tarmac. Also for the net savvy the new s-works phenom saddle and a new tire kulhavy has been ripping it up on.

Pure speculation here but I would expect fat bike offerings to expand with almost certainly a carbon version and the RS Bluto to be thrown in the mix. I can also see 650B Enduro and Demo models being marched out. But i am just spitballing......

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
The Specialized site has been down for a day and has a count down running. It will be down 2 more days. I wonder if they are updating it with a bunch of 2015 stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Specialized in NZ will get no 2015 Stumpy and Enduro demos the dealer told us as they are going to reuse the 2014 lot. So could take it from that nothing much is changing in 2015 or even worse they are done on updating the 29ers and 27.5 is coming and becoming the mainstream ala Giant last year?? Hope not.

1 - 20 of 519 Posts