Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate Norco. I love my 2014 Bigfoot, but I hate Norco for bringing out 4 FBs for 2015. I was at my LBS today and this is what I found out.

Bigfoot 6.1 <$1k
- looks like current Bigfoot
- downgraded components
- Vee Missions

Bigfoot 6.2 $1500ish
- looks like current Bigfoot (green accents)
- same components as current Bigfoot
- snowshoes

Bigfoot 6.3 $??
- orange
- a little better components I think
- carbon fork
- snowshoes

Sasquatch $2800
- dark blue
- upgraded components
- 100mm rock shock

I’m sure someone else can fill in the other details. I just wanted to share this.

Fat Bike Video Playlist

·
Registered
808 Posts
They had to test the waters with the bikes, from a business standpoint it makes no sense for the first run to have everything. You need to test the waters, see how sales are and so on. Sales are good so out come the new ones. 2800 with a shock is pretty damn good. They could have come out with all that this year and it flopped and been stuck with all these fat bikes. The market is there so goody for us more to choose from next year.

·
1,711 Posts
Rock Shox will have a 100mm fat-bike fork in 2015? Any more info. on that?

Chris.
Sasquatch isn't a fat bike. But lets hope Rock Shox comes out with one!

·
Registered
82 Posts
2015 Bigfoot/Sasquatch Update
I talked to a Norco rep today at my LBS and he showed me the catalogue for the 2015 fat bike fleet. I can confirm that some of the stuff that's already known is true. And I have to say -- the bikes look hot. Super hot. He thinks the catalogue and mini-site might be launched soon. A lot of bikes are already pre-sold and they they'll be a big feature of Norco's dealer event in Vancouver in July.

The three Bigfoots are now called Bigfoot 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3. The 6.3 does indeed have a carbon fork, but it also shares the same double-butted frame as the Sasquatch. And that means it has a tapered headset, suspension-corrected geometry and wider spacing to accommodate the 4.7 Snowshoes or Bud/Lou combo. I think it comes with those Snowshoes, but don't quote me on it -- it was hard to remember all of the features. I do know it was a sexy orange like this year's Range Alloy 7.1.

6.2 is indeed like the current Bigfoot, spec'd about the same but with 4" Snowshoes, if I remember correctly. 6.1 specs down to a $1,000 price point, while 6.3 goes up to $2,000 (give or take). He said they were quite deliberate about doing approximate $500 jumps in price.

The Sasquatch has the wider spacing and 4.7 Snowshoes. The Bluto is set at 100mm. And has an XT derailleur on the back; I'm blanking on the front. It's a dark, but brightish blue with yellow accenting. There's a slight jump in price between 6.3 and the Sasquatch, which is mostly the Bluto (total $2,700). The hub is still a QR; they don't believe it's going to need a heavier one. I don't know if they're spec'ing the remote version of the Bluto or the standard. The spec sheet was a bit evasive on that and even the photo had a vertical black bar (with the words "Top Secret") down the length of the fork.

All four are now running OEM single-wall rims -- he said they all agreed that the double-walls were overkill given the size of the tires, so every one of the models gets single walls with cutouts.

He also said they were stunned by demand last year. They originally had only intended to manufacture 300, but ended up with three ships and a total run of 1,000.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Forgot one thing. The Sasquatch and the 6.3 (at minimum) get four-piston hydro brakes. It's SRAM and I think he said "cera" so maybe the pads are ceramic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The model #'s and qualities seems to be the opposite of what has been stated above. the spec sheets i have seen (and since ordered from) show the 6.1 Bigfoot being the most expensive and the 6.3 being the least. Sasquatch is a new model and it runs at a higher price yet w susp fork.
o, the spec sheets i saw had 4.7's on all but the cheppest 6.3 bike...that had 4.0". hoPefully the Vee snowshoes arent as crap as the Missions......

1 - 20 of 60 Posts