Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mtbrer
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2015 Fox 36 RC2. I had it serviced at Fox about 9 months ago. Recently the damper stops dampening on really rough trails. It's OK on easy trails, but when you really need it the fork tops out harshly and blows through it's travel.

I'll be in the market for a new bike in the not too distant future so I'd rather not spend a couple hundred on having this fork overhauled. I've looked at Fox's damper service manual and it's a bit more than I'd like to get myself into. Is there a simpler damper oil and bleed procedure that might get my fork working again? If so, can anyone point me towards instructions?

·
mtbrer
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the 2015 van 36. Best fork ever.

Sounds like the bladder needs to be bled. Not too uncommon for the bladder to split over time. Fox has good detailed instructions, but not the easiest thing to do.
Thanks.
I'm sending it off to Dirtlabs. I don't have the time or patience to dive into the damper. And don't have any spare parts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
mtbrer
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.
I'm sending it off to Dirtlabs. I don't have the time or patience to dive into the damper. And don't have any spare parts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dirtlabs said a nut or screw had backed out from the bottom of the damper leading to fluid loss. I may not be relating exactly what they said, but to that effect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.