Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

6401 - 6420 of 6420 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks, I am looking to keep the Yelli and move stuff over from a Niner Jet 9 that I have, that's where the 12x142 wheels are coming from, not the Yelli. That is interesting that the RIOT was more cramped. I'm 6'2" with a 36" inseam. On tight switchbacks on my Yelli I actually hit my knees on the handlbar.
Ah, ok, that makes more sense. Between the Yelli and Riot (medium frames), there's a 25mm difference in effective top tube length. I think the
Riot's steep seat tube is the biggest difference. It was a brief adjustment, after a few rides and slamming the seat all the way back, it felt great to ride. Interestingly enough, after I sold the Riot and went for a ride on the Yelli, I was amazed at how good that bike felt. Maybe it just fits me slightly better, but damn was it a fun ride.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Ah, ok, that makes more sense. Between the Yelli and Riot (medium frames), there's a 25mm difference in effective top tube length. I think the
Riot's steep seat tube is the biggest difference. It was a brief adjustment, after a few rides and slamming the seat all the way back, it felt great to ride. Interestingly enough, after I sold the Riot and went for a ride on the Yelli, I was amazed at how good that bike felt. Maybe it just fits me slightly better, but damn was it a fun ride.
Hope you like the Tilt. I may just decide to wait and find the extra dough. Since it's a bit more expensive for me to go that route, I haven't looked at the geo really closely. Suppose I need to put some hard thought into that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hope you like the Tilt. I may just decide to wait and find the extra dough. Since it's a bit more expensive for me to go that route, I haven't looked at the geo really closely. Suppose I need to put some hard thought into that.
Same boat on the money thing. I should have just kept the Riot. I took a look comparing the full build offered by Canfield versus buying just the frame (no shock, no fork) and building it up myself. For $4300 (black Friday pricing), the Tilt has about $5300 worth of parts, best I can tell. I landed around $4400 piecing together a comparable build, assuming you can get everything, including finding take off parts.

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
The Shout is a great fork, mine is on my wife's Shuttle. I still got my Message hanging on the wall waiting for an XC bike.

That's a really tall A-C for that bike!

View attachment 1909916 View attachment 1909917

I ended up going with a Trust since my last post about a month ago. It really changed up the ride and feel. I can see why it may not suit everyone - from looks to riding style - but I love it for both!

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Maybe looks are deceiving, that’s a Message on there. A-C is lower than the MRP Stage it replaced.
Yeah it looks tall, but the Message is kinda short. If you like the Message, you would be blown away by the Shout. If only they'd released the Shout first ....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi to all and Happy New Year!!!
If you upgrade from dvo diamond on the Riot what fork did you choose?
Dvo onyx sc with extra spacer to 150mm
Or zeb 160 ultimate downgrade to 150mm
My diamond its best fork I use in my mtb life my first good fork and I have to say only good things about it....3 years two full seevices and its like day one but I want to try different and more durable for now on...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi to all and Happy New Year!!!
If you upgrade from dvo diamond on the Riot what fork did you choose?
Dvo onyx sc with extra spacer to 150mm
Or zeb 160 ultimate downgrade to 150mm
My diamond its best fork I use in my mtb life my first good fork and I have to say only good things about it....3 years two full seevices and its like day one but I want to try different and more durable for now on...
I had a Diamond on my Riot for almost five years. In July I switched to a Manitou Mezzer. I have it set to 140mm. I consider it an upgrade. It does everything better and I really like it.

My original rear shock was a Cane Creek DBair IL. After seven months of warranty issues I switched to a Cane Creek DBcoil IL. In August I switched to a Manitou Mara Pro. The DBcoil IL kept the rear very planted and tracked great but felt kind of muted. The Mara Pro tracks almost as well as the DBcoil IL but feels much more lively.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I had a Diamond on my Riot for almost five years. In July I switched to a Manitou Mezzer. I have it set to 140mm. I consider it an upgrade. It does everything better and I really like it.

My original rear shock was a Cane Creek DBair IL. After seven months of warranty issues I switched to a Cane Creek DBcoil IL. In August I switched to a Manitou Mara Pro. The DBcoil IL kept the rear very planted and tracked great but felt kind of muted. The Mara Pro tracks almost as well as the DBcoil IL but feels much more lively.
What size Riot? Does the larger piggy back fit? I want to switch my Riot to air when I get the Lithium in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
new fork Onyx this fork works perfect and feels like butter!
better damping from diamond
stiffer for sure
works high in the travel
setting is peace of cake

2015 frame and ripping like 2020 model...
CANFIELD ONLY for sure and maybe my next build will be canfield again!

·
Registered
57 Posts
new fork Onyx this fork works perfect and feels like butter!
better damping from diamond
stiffer for sure
works high in the travel
setting is peace of cake

2015 frame and ripping like 2020 model...
CANFIELD ONLY for sure and maybe my next build will be canfield again!
View attachment 1914634
Very nice. What travel is the Onyx set at. Thinking of bumping my Diamond, on the Riot, up to 150 or 160.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very nice. What travel is the Onyx set at. Thinking of bumping my Diamond, on the Riot, up to 150 or 160.
thanks mate!
I install two spacers extra to 140mm no big deal works nice!
160mm its too much for this frame I think!

Onyx its way better from Diamond....stiffer for sure more plush!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
really Im unhappy from yesterday my Riot cracked in front triangle....
of course contact with canfieldbikes and I didnt expect anything from them but can do for me Crash Replacement offer for New canfield bike...Im appreciated a lot that!

because Im leave in Greece and tarrifs in customs its so big for us...and maybe its difficult the trasfer!
I have a good parts to build outstanding Lithium RED LAVA and I hope come that day in this summer...

thanks a lot all your help here to build this amazing frame Riot
I make good memories with races a lot of fun 3 years now and Im glad!
I want it for more years but Im in one piece and I will can buy my next build...

6401 - 6420 of 6420 Posts