Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

6361 - 6380 of 6420 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Megavalanche GREECE 2020 RACE PARNASSOS MT

70 riders start
Course 14.5 km

I got 3rd place after a cancelation for one rider because shortcut the course....

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
IMG_20201015_111431_430.jpg

Riot in its natural environment. Over forked and great fun in Pisgah. Patiently waiting for an updated version. The One.2 is a bit too much and too long.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Riot in its natural environment. Over forked and great fun in Pisgah. Patiently waiting for an updated version. The One.2 is a bit too much and too long.
Any mentions over mud clearance on autumn rides? a bit of mud+leafs leaves no room for wheel, by my experience :)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Any mentions over mud clearance on autumn rides? a bit of mud+leafs leaves no room for wheel, by my experience :)
I have a cheap mud guard that came with a rear flap that fits perfectly. I pick up some leaves and they grind away quickly. Im on an Assegai front tire. It seams to like to grab leaves lol. My home trails and where I'm vacationing has a lot of sand and loom vs clay. I don't ride clay trails when muddy.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The super short chainstays and suspension design continue to differentiate this bike from just about everything else on the market.

Yep, this remains true re: the chainstays. Never seen another full suspension 29er do them this short. Makes for a unique ride style.

Glad you're still rocking it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Everyone excited to see what may be coming by the end of the year?!

·
squish, squish in da fish
1,703 Posts
been wanting this bike for a while now. revel keeps whispering my name and i am still currently able to resist the temptation. jan 1 is when i will purchase a revel if i have not heard from lance by then. come on bro let us hear something, soon?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don’t know why but the Revel bikes don’t excite me the way the Canfield bikes do. Simply applying CBF isn’t enough if the geometry isn’t right. Revel bikes are close but I also want to see what comes out to replace the Riot.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I don’t know why but the Revel bikes don’t excite me the way the Canfield bikes do. Simply applying CBF isn’t enough if the geometry isn’t right. Revel bikes are close but I also want to see what comes out to replace the Riot.
CBF is amazing. But I want short chainstays and a heavy hitter bike.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
CBF is amazing. But I want short chainstays and a heavy hitter bike.
I built up the new 2020 balance this year and I am patiently waiting for the riots replacement. I friend myself missing mine these days. But for now the epo nimble and balance will get me by till the newest riot comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
New Riot What does everybody think?

I built up the new 2020 balance this year and I am patiently waiting for the riots replacement. I friend myself missing mine these days. But for now the epo nimble and balance will get me by till the newest riot comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you Think?
Worth it to upgrade?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
What do you Think?
Worth it to upgrade?
As much as I did like my Riot and CBF, little disappointed.

As mentioned in another thread, seat tube is a little long for the size. I would have thought after the V1 Riot issues with long seat tubes it would have been addressed this time around. They shortened the seat tube by 1/2'' if I remember correctly on the V2 Riot.

Not a fan of the two color choices.

·
Registered
170 Posts
As much as I did like my Riot and CBF, little disappointed.

As mentioned in another thread, seat tube is a little long for the size. I would have thought after the V1 Riot issues with long seat tubes it would have been addressed this time around. They shortened the seat tube by 1/2'' if I remember correctly on the V2 Riot.

Not a fan of the two color choices.
This question/comment came up on the More 2020 Models thread. What would you consider a short enough seat tube? Original Riot was 457. Gen 2 went to 432. Tilt is now 420. For comparison, the Revel Rascal is 415.

6361 - 6380 of 6420 Posts