Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone build this wheel before Raceface Arc 30 Pair with Hans Dampf 2.35 tire on a 2015 Spitfire V2 before? Does it fit the clearence ?

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
I run WTB assym i35 with nobby nic 2.8 or DHR II 2.8 in the rear. Its tight but it fits. You'll be fine
Whoa...you can fit a 2.8 in the back of a Spitfire? I read somewhere that it measures out to a 2.6. I'm running a 2.35 Nobby Nic on some i29 rims on the rear now. Looks like there is a good amount of room.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone could share pictures of the rear wheel tire between the frame. How close is the tire against the frame?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Whoa...you can fit a 2.8 in the back of a Spitfire? I read somewhere that it measures out to a 2.6. I'm running a 2.35 Nobby Nic on some i29 rims on the rear now. Looks like there is a good amount of room.
On the DHR II the carcass is 66mm / 2.6" and the side knobs are 69 mm/ 2.7". But it's very new. Out of the box it was only 63 mm wide so I'm not sure if it'll stretch a bit more. I've done about 1300 km since january when I built up the bike, I got some very light rubbing marks in the anodisation on the left chainstay, probably from the Nobby Nic I used to run being a bit wobbly. Like I said, its itght but it works. A 2.6 would probably be better though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts