Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new bike soon. :thumbsup:

Was gonna get the TREK FUEL 9 but now I see Trek has added the 9 in X01 for a few bucks more.

Trek Bicycle

I've always liked this idea and everything I've read about the X01 and people I've talked to who actually own it like it. So as a long time Shimano Fan I'm thinking of getting this one.

But I have a few questions and the LBS didn't know right away. So I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has seen one.

1.Does it come with the lever shifter or grip shifter?
2. Is it the same color as shown? Appears to be but they have that red box in the corner throwing it off. :confused:

If i get the answers before anyone posts I'll respond with them. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It is exactly the same color and it does have the trigger shifter. The XO1 works really well. The only other difference from the other Fuel EX 9 is the wheels. I believe that they are the Rhythm Comp wheels on the XO1 spec'd bike.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I just did a demo of the Niner Rip 9 with 1x11 gearing. I liked the 1x11 overall. I do have a concern about it being geared low enough but you can easily buy a new F sprocket. Trek did it right with the XT brakes. The Niner I rode had X0 brakes and they were just as powerful but still had some of the avid braking sounds. The Niner also had the trigger shifter and it works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts