Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated I have a new enduro 29er. I have been noticing that when I finish some tough downhills and drops that the o-ring is always about 3/4 of and inch from the bottom of the shaft.

That didn't seem right so I let out all the air and compress the bike and low and behold the rear shock stopped at the same position where the o-ring was stopping.

Is that normal or should the shock completely compress to where the o-ring will come off the shaft?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Your shock is fine. The E29 uses an 8.5X2.25 shock. The shock is an 8.5X2.5 with the stroke shortened 0.25". Bottom your shock, measure, and if you are getting 2 1/8" on your measurement the shock is normal. The last 1/8" is a bottom-out o-ring that is very hard to compress much. Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe it should be 57mm of travel on the '14 endure 29 at the shock. They specifically say that for '14 Spec had them reduce the shock stroke length, I think the '13 was 63mm or something like that.

Mine feels super soft with the cs off and I only use 53mm even going down Telonics etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts