Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just pull the trigger on a 2014 soma juice, going SS, does anybody knows which headset do I need? Website says that you can go with a straight or tapered fork, looking for the headset needed to go with a tapered fork, been asking around but can't get to a straight answer, waiting on soma customer support with the answer, but if anybody knows will be awesome

Thanks

·
transmitter~receiver
9,311 Posts
It's got a 44mm head tube, so to run a tapered fork you need a standard zero stack upper (ZS44) paired with an external cup lower (EC44).
Examples:
Chris King InSet 7 (click on the 44mm Head Tube Fit Guide for more info).

Cane Creek 40
TAPERED ZS44|EC44/40

What it will look like:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started the build last night, was able to install headset and fork, putting together wheels and tires tonight, and hopefully drivetrain tomorrow, planning to give it a try Wednesday night, I'll let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soma has some weird sizing tables, good thing is that I'm 5'7" so I'm a small / 15.5" size in any brand, this frame is Medium - 15.5".

Usually 15.5" is a small in any other brand

·
Registered
639 Posts
Be sure to post a review as I'm looking at this frame and am wondering how it handles with longer than the norm now a days chain stays. I currently ride a 14' Kona Unit and am not feeling the geometry although it has shorter stays than the Juice it has a higher bottom bracket height that I do not really care for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts