Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks KRob. The Megatrail sounds more and more compelling. U.S. Made bikes= awesome. Glad that not too many bunnies were hurt although braised rabbit is one of my favorites!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks again KRob for taking time out posting your reviews from Outerbike! Pleasure to read them, although I'm sure a bit less then riding the next generation of great bikes!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
KRob, thanks! I don't know why but I actually feel like a kid on christmas waiting for your reviews!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for the reviews!
I'm torn between the Intense and the Giant. I rode both bikes at Interbike, but that wasn't really the right terrain for me to be testing them on. What size was the Reign? Disregarding build and weight (as much as possible), do you have any further comments on the low speed technical stuff for these two? The Intense seems like a pretty sure bet for me in that the geometry is closer to what I'm riding now, but I'm tempted to tip the balance a little more in the DH direction with the Giant if there's not a huge penalty... Context: I'm on an '07 Reign X right now, and am generally happy with the way that bike rides, just concerned that the longer slacker '15 Reign will be a handful on slow stuff. Unlike you, I think the red Intense is garish and I really like the look of the Giant!

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reviews. Excellent work :) I presume you did not ride the Devinci Spartan?
Right. Unfortunately Devinci was not there. I scoured the component boths (SRAM, Suntour, Enve) looking for one but no luck. I think it would've been nice to be able to compare it to the SB6/M6/T275/Nomad.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great reviews as usual, interested to hear if you rode the yeti SB5 and how it compares to the SB6.
We did ride the SB5. We were able to get it on Saturday. Matt took it on the Mag 7 shuttle then I rode it when he got back. The smaller (115-135mm) bike reviews are coming next.

·
Registered
241 Posts
These reviews confirm how good all the bike are these days. It often boils down to component selection to further refine the ride of the bikes. J

·
Registered
196 Posts
I look forward to these reviews each year! Thanks for taking the time to do such detailed write-ups!

How would you rate the various dropper posts on each bike? What is your favorite?

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Good stuff kent. Totally agree yogi. A Twist of a compression or rebound nob. A pike versus a 34. A ccdb inline versus a CTD. Also, just about anything we've rented in Moab comes with tubes. So you run extra pressure versus normal. In order to avoid pinch flats. Taking the tire pressure down makes so much difference to ride quality. It sucks that often they won't set up the tires / wheels tubeless.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These reviews confirm how good all the bike are these days. It often boils down to component selection to further refine the ride of the bikes. J
Very true. We did not ride any bad bikes. In fact, if I could set each of them up exactly as I prefer I could live happily with any one of them (presuming it fits the purpose for which I'm buying a bike). The are always some hairs to split though. ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
In a perfect demo daydream, I'd like to ride these trails to shake out those hairs. Kill Me Thrill me, National, Powerhouse Plunge, Black Canyon, Gooseberry, Crank It Up and Thirsty Beaver. J

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Great reviews as always KRob. I am anxiously awaiting your SB5c review so that I can decide whether to order that or the SB6c!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts