Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Went out for a ride today on a lbs loaner Carbon Sight 7.1 and it was amazing - head angle felt a little steep for my liking (I'm sure could have made it better by changing the stack on the steerer and a different stem but this was a loner). I'm going to try and just suck it up and wait for the Range. The Sight was like a goat on the climbs - felt like I was flying up areas that I would normally struggle up. The 1x11 was so quiet and it was neat only having one set of controls to think about, change was slick as well.

Hmmm... wonder if I could change my order to a Range 7.1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Well, having received no info from Norco, I've cancelled my order. Really too bad, I wanted to give the bike a try and give the company a chance but I've already been riding a month now and don't want to wait much longer.

Intense has been shipping the new T275c this week and I've got my name on one (supposedly). I'm on a Tracer 2 now and I love it except the weight. The new ones are coming in at 26-28 lbs stock, holy ****, that's already 5 lbs less than my current bike. By the time I throw on my Derbys and other carbon bits it'll be truly light. XT brakes don't hurt my feelings either.

My LBS is still getting my bike for shop stock, I'll be interested to check it out and weigh it in person. Till then I'll already be riding my new Intense though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry to hear that but on the other hand - nice bike!!! (Your comment about not hearing anything from Norco is spot on - the lack of communication has been dreadful.)

After riding the Sight last week I was determined to just suck it up and wait for the Range but after popping into a Rocky Mountain dealer on my way home today I'm questioning my resolve.

Enjoy the new bike.

Well, having received no info from Norco, I've cancelled my order. Really too bad, I wanted to give the bike a try and give the company a chance but I've already been riding a month now and don't want to wait much longer.

Intense has been shipping the new T275c this week and I've got my name on one (supposedly). I'm on a Tracer 2 now and I love it except the weight. The new ones are coming in at 26-28 lbs stock, holy ****, that's already 5 lbs less than my current bike. By the time I throw on my Derbys and other carbon bits it'll be truly light. XT brakes don't hurt my feelings either.

My LBS is still getting my bike for shop stock, I'll be interested to check it out and weigh it in person. Till then I'll already be riding my new Intense though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Out of mild curiosity, what sizes did you guys run? At 5-10 with a 30.5" inseam and 180lbs, I'm generally right on the cusp between a medium being slightly small and a large being slightly big - usually depends on how the manufacturer sizes. I don't see any recommendations on the Norco web site. The LBS has one Range coming in a Large, but a couple people are interested. I suspect it might be a tad too big for me and haven't yet decided to put down a deposit....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Out of mild curiosity, what sizes did you guys run? At 5-10 with a 30.5" inseam and 180lbs, I'm generally right on the cusp between a medium being slightly small and a large being slightly big - usually depends on how the manufacturer sizes. I don't see any recommendations on the Norco web site. The LBS has one Range coming in a Large, but a couple people are interested. I suspect it might be a tad too big for me and haven't yet decided to put down a deposit....
If that's the bike you want, I would imagine you could jump on it(it sounds like they're not many that aren't spoken for). If it's a tad big, move the seat forward and/or get a shorter stem. That being said, the cockpit you can manipulate, the wheelbase is a different story. If I'm remembering correctly, I've heard people say that Norcos run a little small anyway.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah, well the worry was that someone else would put down a deposit before seeing it......still waiting on arrival from Norco.
Sad to say, but you might have to do that if you're convinced that it's the bike for you. That being said, that's a tricky proposition when we're talking about this kind of money. If the deposit's refundable however, might be pretty low risk. That's what I had to do with my Devinci Troy( this was before I found out they were doing a second run of them).

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm 6' (just a shade over if you're after precision), 188.5lbs, 32' inseam (don't know my reach). I tried an XL on the trail and a M and L around the LBS. With a standard stem the XL was to long a reach for me - still rode awesome though and it's what sold me on the Range, the medium I could have got away with but just felt a tad to small, as soon as I sat on the L it just felt perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like you and I are near exact same size. I did buy a large and it fits perfect. I put a 50mm Race Face stem and the stock Race Face Evolve 740mm bar. I actually bought the bike without even sitting on one, but have been really happy with the fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for that info - that's great. I have a Race Face 50mm stem hanging around from my last bike so I'm likely to give it a try.

It sounds like you and I are near exact same size. I did buy a large and it fits perfect. I put a 50mm Race Face stem and the stock Race Face Evolve 740mm bar. I actually bought the bike without even sitting on one, but have been really happy with the fit.

81 - 100 of 328 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.