Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So currently I ride a 09 Scott Spark 60 Not the greatest bike but it has served me well in the last few years that I have had it.

Build budget was 2000 now 2500

Anyways I want to build up a Nimble 9 into a 1x10 AM setup. my biggest concern is just making sure everything works with everything else on the bike especially the wheels with the rotors, the headset with the frame and fork, bottom bracket and the crank and frame, rear derailleur and the frame. So basically everything fitting together properly and not having to return anything.

I currently am thinking a 140 tower pro up front
180 rotors up front 160 in the back
not too worried about tubeless so I was thinking the canfield bros 29er wheelset
Everything else I have know idea... Help me out

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Not sure if this would help since, but Canfield has some basic build specs:

2014 Nimble 9

Recommend fork lengths – 100mm – 140mm
Headset – 44mm upper and lower cups
Front derailleur – Shimano direct mount – top pull/single bolt, or Sram HO series
Bottom bracket – 73mm
Seatpost – 27.2mm
Seatpost clamp – 29.8mm
Rear dropout spacing – 142x12mm, Maxle included
Post brake mount

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have been going back to that but I've never seen so may different ways things mount and different sizes for everything. It seems every bike company has a different way of mounting things and don't even get me started on wheelsets

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive been hammering mine like a Dh fork and they've been nothing short of awesome. Only thing that bugs me is the axle clamp sometimes likes to work itself loose (while also being hard to release at the same time?). Just need to keep an eye on it, or when its in closed position tighten the allen key on the quick release lever fully tight so it can't move.

Only thing i will say is proper tuning needs to be done on the trail, carpark tuning just doesn't work well with these forks. People often sit on my bike and say your forks feel sticky/odd.. but then when they ride it at speed they are pretty amazed at the control.
Service parts can be had (NS etc had a few).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also looking at a Reba at the moment but I think I figured out most of the bike for ment things. Headset sill worries me a little but if I get something wrong I can order something different and it's a learning experience I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts