Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ride On
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm replacing one of the main pivot bearings on my Heckler as it was a bit rough. SC sent me the kit including the Loctite 680. The new video doesn't mention using this as the old instructions did.

I'm hesitant because it was a bear removing the old bearing as it was (with the correct SC tool) I'm waiting to hear back from SC on it. What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Michael

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
not sure exactly what youre asking.... are you asking about the Loctite specifically? If so, the Loctite should go on the threads of the pivot axle and the threaded bolt that holds the tapered washer in....

theres a video here that shows them Loctite-ing these two pieces at about 3:30 in
Single Pivot Maintenance | Santa Cruz Bicycles

so long as you ahve the bearing press tool, pressing in the new bearings is pretty easy.

·
Ride On
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes the Loctite 242 would be for the threads of the pivot axle and wedge bolt. The Loctite 680 was in the pivot service instructions for the previous model Hecklers to adhere the pivot bearing into the frame. It's use is not in the pivot service video for the 2014 Heckler. I was asking if folks are still using this product or not, given the difficulty in removing the bearing as it was without it on there.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
oh sorry im an idiot.

im 99% sure you dont need to loctite the bearings themselves to the frame. ive never heard of any instructions by SC or anyone else to do that. just loctite the threads and you should be good to go.

·
Ride On
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries :) the 680 is in the previous generation Heckler instructions. I'll omit it for now.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts