Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that possible ? I would maybe buy a frame but don t want to swap all the other components for new parts....
what do you think about this ?

thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is that possible ? I would maybe buy a frame but don t want to swap all the other components for new parts....
what do you think about this ?

thanks
Is it possible? Yes. The real question is this: "is it wise to do so?" My guess is no. If you want a 26 inch bike you should look for a 26 inch bike. My first thought is that putting 26 inch wheels on a 27.5 will result in an unacceptably low bottom bracket

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Find a used or old stock 26er. It will probably be way cheaper, since the industry figured out that those wheels don't work well anymore ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gt bikes

Find a used or old stock 26er. It will probably be way cheaper, since the industry figured out that those wheels don't work well anymore ;)
lol ! ya right !! I have been riding for 20 years now without knowing that 26er was all bullcrap... lol... My life had no meaning !!! Now I will be find !!! everything will be all right with a 27.5 !!! lol
:p

·
Here, diagonally!
2,097 Posts
I don't believe that GT will sell you a frame only, which is a shame since their frames are great, but their builds not so much...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts