Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes it is going to leak a little, that is why you have a little hole on the bottom of your frame. I wouldn't worry about it too much just clean things out every once in a while around the bottom bracket area. No frame is free of this. Water will always migrate in where it can... your seatpost/water cage bolts/ and every other little spot even with no internal routing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should have a bag of screws and clips to run the external rear break cable that came with the bike. There should be 4 short screws to put in those holes to plug them up. That bag also has the tubeless stems & more internal cable frame brackets for different cable configurations. I'll check my bike when I get home in a few days but I thought there was a small pin hole on the very bottom but I might be thinking of my crux

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't see the pin hole and I didn't use the screws and brackets as I wasn't using the external cabling and thus wanted to save weight and things that could get caught on the bottom and a clean look. yes I got that bag and just used the clear stickers to cover up the 3 holes for the rear brake holders.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your correct, no drain whole on the bottom of the Epic. But I Just raced the whiskey off road 50 in some pretty wet conditions and had no water in my frame after. As long as you do the routine maintenance to your BB and headset you should be good to go! I'm not a big fan of stickers covering holes and would recommend using the short bolts but I ride in some pretty wet conditions on a regular basis. Hope this helps

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to use the bolts that came with the bike but without the guides for the cables they don't screw in all the way and didn't want to leave them like that or attach the guides. Easier to clean the bike that way.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I didn't use the guides either, there were 4 short bolts maybe 6 or 8mm long and 4 long bolts maybe 12mm. I used the short bolts and they threaded right in. It looked like the long bolts went with the guides.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone with internal routing use some type of water sealant or rubber around the fittings and brackets at bottom and side because if I blow inside of the seatube there is so much air coming out all the connectors on side bottom etc. There was a good amount of sand and water in the frame after a muddy race this weekend. How do you prevent that? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.