Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per thread title, has anyone ridden the 2014 Commencal Meta AM 650b?
It has a slack 66.5 degree head angle, and 150mm travel. It doesn't seem far away from the 26" wheeled 2013 Meta SX which was 66 degree head angle and 160mm travel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I've gt the bike and made a few run with it !
It works great, not too heavy, suspension with CTD are awesome.
It climb realy well and simply stunning in downhill
The only thing"s" are the brakes (formula) realy spongy and the shifters( Sram X7) yhat i don't realy like. I will change them by Shimano XT

Pascal

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I wanted one but frame only sold out in my size. I may just get a 26" on special and put on a 650B front like most of my other bikes.

Generally this what the Metas all ride like.
First off frames are heavy[ but top quality finish nad detail], usually 8 lbs ish with shock. That means if you build them heavy they are slower than your carbon 5.5 lb bike to acclerate on steep inclines for up down trail riding.Because of the high antisquat they would still feel crisper to accelerate than most FSR frames though. The extra weight and stiff frame gives a very solid , settled [ un 5.5 lbt carbon like ] dh run.
They have lots of anti squat[ similar to De vinci Troy, Ibis Ripley, Giant Trance 27.5, SC Bronson] so are good climbers on steady inclines where you don't need to accellerate[ shuttle run,AM Enduro] Could even beat your 5.5 FSR carbon bike to the top.
You can count on the Geometry being absolutely dialled.
The suspension is allways superb seated pedalling in rough terrain. Brillaint, just enough squeeze out and feel very deep.
It will be slightly more choppy standing on the downs[ especially on the barkes] than a virtual pivot and FSR just depending on their anti squat and progression. if they have high anti squat and fairly linear then there's nothing in it.These bikes will have high Brake squat and a firm mid stroke so will feel abit choppy onh the DH.There's plenty of variables in the single pivot / multi pivot argument. Generally it's hard to spot the difference these days. Being a single pivot you have to play with the shock tune a bit to get the best compromise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts