Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about this? Said it was the seatpost breaking on SL 0 and SL 1 2013 models. My freakin giant LBS didn't even know anything about it. Found a used one and don't know if I should pull the trigger based on the recall
Thanks my dudes!

·
2010 Glory custom FR
1,098 Posts
If there was any recall, it concerned seatpost, only, as you say.
Moreover, ask seller for a frame number and then ask local Giant if there is any recall concerning bike/frame with certain frame #

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone know anything about this? Said it was the seatpost breaking on SL 0 and SL 1 2013 models. My freakin giant LBS didn't even know anything about it. Found a used one and don't know if I should pull the trigger based on the recall
Thanks my dudes!
It was an problem with the seat post indeed. Should be solved with all new models and the models that were in stock at the LBS.

I personally had the honor that my seat post broke during a ride. Luckily i manged to stay on the bike. Afterwards it was quite funny, it however could also ended less funny. I broke my seat post spring last year and had to wait a couple of month before the new (designed) seat post arrived.

Afterwards i could have seen it coming due to horizontal stress cracks on the seat-post between the upper half of the seat post.

So if you want to buy a second hand bike, check the seat post in that spot. The bike is really awesome, the seat post was a minor issue and easily solvable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts