Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
It's snowing outside right now. I'm trying not to be negative, but it's not easy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
27 degrees here this morning. Waiting for the frost to burn off, then heading out for a road ride. I like riding in the colder temperatures. its easy to add a layer, but when its 100 degrees you can only take off so much.

·
Registered
902 Posts
We are at Kingdom Trails and yesterday it was in the low 40s with frequent snow squaws. This morning it is 25 with everything coverd in frost. Supposed to heat up to 48 and sunny today so it will be perfect. Just have to deal with some skim ice in the puddles.

Last winter in Maine we rode just about every weekend. We had very little snow and the coldest we rode in was 20.

·
Sled of Lead.
190 Posts
Most of you will hate me for saying this but....Bring on Winter!! It's been hot as hell for the past 2 months in SoCal and I can't wait to ride in some reasonable temperatures again. Also, winter means desert riding reason. I'm really looking forward to riding the Palm Canyon Epic again after a 7 month hiatus of summer heat.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Went for a ride the other morning when it was 31*. With the proper clothing it was extremely enjoyable. I used to hate cold weather before learning to properly layer.

·
Ride More, Work Less
7,774 Posts
I added a Novara Stratos jacket to my stable for this winter. I took it out on a 37 degree day with sleet falling. It's awesome. I'm looking forward to a nice winter outside.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Lurked on here for a long time, this thread looks as good as any to make an attempt at a contribution.... The season snuck up on us this past weekend in the CO hills - been snowing for a few weeks, but first time this season getting in it.... Started off in almost a white out but totally clear by the time we got down - planning to enjoy that while it lasts.

It was an awesome day - plan on riding right through this winter....

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Snow Riding...

....always fun...and conditions that change each ride.....a couple pics from way back in 2009....Ride On!

Attachments

·
since 4/10/2009
32,576 Posts
What if we live in a part of the country with no real winter? Are pics of green growing things welcome?

1 - 20 of 310 Posts