Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2555 Posts

·
Nucking Futs
377 Posts
yes from what I understand all new bikes will have INA bearings through out with a better design of keeping things together. tighten the pivot bolts right on to the bearing races, I hope without the nylon washers cause they cause allot of drag and can produce annoying noise.

the new spitty also has 140 mm rear travel instead of the 130 mm of the current version. together with the KS link this will make it a whole other bike i'm sure. the current version allready has quite a bottomloss feel so i'm very interested how the new version will ride.

the double shock adjustment isn't used much, people prefer the slack setting so they might aswell add the option to change geo on the dropout itself. geo i'm very curious about cause I absolutly love my current spitty, allthough I need to run a 400 mm seatpost at allmost max (I think 13 cm inside the frame) to achieve propper flat-xc pedaling height. this is on a medium frame and i'm 1.78 m. I really hope they change it a bit so it's easier to use a dropper, and for the sake of being safe. that really is my only point of attention for a new version.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think Banshee needs to start making 12 X 142 thru-axles for all their upcoming models. I believe this is the new standard for good reason. It makes the rear end a whole lot stiffer. I know my spitfire is like a noodle in the rear, be it from the loose bushings/frame wear or inherent flex. I know my rampant could benefit from a 12x142 thru-axle, too.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'd suggest they start small and work on a non self-destructing suspension pivot design before going on to work on incorporating new axle standards, 650b compatible dropouts, etc.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'd suggest they start small and work on a non self-destructing suspension pivot design before going on to work on incorporating new axle standards, 650b compatible dropouts, etc.
Like the bearing system they are using on the 2013's? It's pretty well proven on the Legends, and there haven't been any probs on the Primes either.
Dropout designs are pretty simple in the scheme of things....

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm a bitter soon to be former Spitfire owner...I'm only speaking from my experience unless you feel having 2-3 mm of vertical play in the lower linkage is normal after 4 rides with new pivots and bushings. That said, I do enjoy the way the bikes rides as they totally nailed the geometry, but I'm (and many others - just look at the Rune bushing thread) done dealing with this headache.

·
screamer
1,358 Posts
Look again, Mr. Darwin

i hope its not the new spitfire. looks like dodo:yikes:
I'm not seeing the resemblance. Dodos have more of a hydroformed, Norco/Specialized curvilinear shape. This looks more like a Rune V2 to me, and from where I'm sitting it's pretty awesome: nice & angular. If the Spitfire follows suit, I think it'll be a winner.

Dodo:

Not dodo:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Any news on when it will be out? I just transferred the parts from my 2011 Spitty to my old Yeti Seven frame. Seems pointless to start screwing around with axle replacements and such when a new version is going to be out soon, but my Spitty just didn’t ride right anymore - and unlike the Seven, it doesn’t have that many miles on it. I wonder if they will let me trade up to the Rune…

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
894 Posts
I can´t quote for other countries, but in Germany the new Runes and Spitfires are to expected in November 2012. I´ve heard that there might be earlier Releases (August) for the US-Market.

BTW, the neon Bike above seems like that is the large Proto-Rune Jon was seen on ...

That's the new Spitfire. I really hope they make dropouts to shorten the rear also.
From the Picture and judging by the look I would say Banshee did exactly that, next to some other amazing Geo-Refinements ... :thumbsup:

Geetings
NoStyle

Attachments

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
894 Posts
Well, there may be delays ...
I could imagine that the Production is under hot fire to get them out in autumn, just after Euro/Interbike ...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
We will be shipping these out in a bit over a month or so (aiming for 6 weeks time) to the distributors who placed orders. But you have to take into acount shipping times, generally shipping to distributor takes about 3 weeks, and then they have to sort the stock out and ship on to dealers... so October-November is realistic.

1 - 20 of 2555 Posts