Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm about to bite the bullet on a 2012 Hardrock sport disc. However I'm hearing the 2013 will be out soon... How soon? Should I just wait it out painfully???

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
IF I had to guess, I'd expect to see aluminum hardtails start showing up in stores in July/August. Pics will leak before then.

There won't be a given "release" date, but more and more pics will leak and various media outlets will start to get previews of the new bikes. Eventually, the website will go offline and come back up with 2013 models, but that probably won't happen till 4th quarter of this year.

Benefits of waiting? Maybe there's a positive change for 2013s model? I think 2012(Hardrock) had a new frame, so doubtfull. Waiting could allow you a closeout price on the 2012 model :)

Benefits of purchasing now? You get to ride now! Thats actually pretty important IMO.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You'll be looking at August, IMO. I bought my 2011 RH in September 2011 and the 2012 stuff was just starting to leak onto the shop floor but had been on the Specialized website for a few weeks already.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's weird I tried calling around a few local dealers here to order a 2012 Hardrock and they both told me specialized has stopped putting out 2012 orders for a few weeks. So I'm curious whats going on....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i've been talking to a few LBS looks like theres some due for a "Early June" release. Looks like I will find out in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Hardrocks are a bike that Spec'd never runs out of. If they are low on the 2012, you can see 2013 product as early as April or May. It all depends on their forecasting and how many they have. For this lower-end product, they allow the model year to shift to ensure supply. Of course, lead time on most bikes is 180 days so there's always a chance there will be a shortage.

mk

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
They still have significant stock of 2012 product so it's hard to say what will happen. I wouldn't expect a major refresh. They are on a longer product cycle with this stuff compared to the higher-end product.

mk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, I called my LBS earlier this week and they have a pretty reputable chain of stores. I was looking for a 2012 Enduro EVO Med, not the Expert. All four of there stores didn't have any and the shop guy looked up the Specialized inventory and he was showing 1 left in the warehouse?? I found this a little surprising since we are in mid May. Kind of sucks!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Those Enduro Evos were a very small run. They came in back in January, I bet, and sold through to shops that ordered them back in October. It's called 'pre-season' and it's important on some bikes like this one...

mk

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
I have been shopping for a bike for my son, looking at Marin. Well I was told because of the mild winter, they went through more bikes then normal and the stock is wiped out. They'll be releasing 2013's earlier than normal supposedly.

This could very well be the same thing for most makers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, I called my LBS earlier this week and they have a pretty reputable chain of stores. I was looking for a 2012 Enduro EVO Med, not the Expert. All four of there stores didn't have any and the shop guy looked up the Specialized inventory and he was showing 1 left in the warehouse?? I found this a little surprising since we are in mid May. Kind of sucks!!
Similar circumstance here in Maryland at my LBS here a few weeks back. I was looking for either a 2012 carbon FSR 29er or a carbon Camber 29er and he showed me on the computer that there will be none available at the regional supply centers until about June 6th AND to make matters worse there were already dealers that had reservations. My hunch is that when the June supply hits that most of that run will be eaten up by reservations and whatever is left will be sold out by July so the 2013's will have to reach the supply houses by August or anarchy will ensue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
this is no different than the car dealers. Car dealer has 150 2012 cars on the lot, last thing they wanna do it get you all hot a bothered over a 2013, not showing up until Aug/Sept, plus, 2012s are getting deep discounts when the 2013s are showing up on the lots :)

"when DO the new Cadillacs come in?"

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
I am curious to see what the 2013 Evo 29er HT offerings will be!

1 - 20 of 711 Posts