Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Brazil! I have bought for myself a 2013 Rocky Mountain Slayer 50. It´s used but is in very good condition.

It came all stock. I have changed the stem and handlebar for my taste: 790mm rise handlebar with a 60mm stem, and a few spacers to elevate the handlebar. Changed the tires too, not that I don´t like the stock Continental Mountain King 2.4, but I´m too accostumed to my beloved Maxxis High Roller 2.35.

I had the bad luck of crashing in my very first ride, a silly crash at low speed, but I ended up twisting an ankle pretty badly and will have to spend a month recovering, away from my bike.

My first impressions before the crash were very good. The Slayer is no lightweight, but climbs very well and is very agile on the descents. However. since it´s my first AM bike and I´m coming from a KHS XC 204 trailbike, I found difficult to adapt to the slacked geometry and lots of travel. Also I am a little lost on the proper adjustments of the suspensions. The Lyric seemed a bit hard to me. I´m 5,11'', 190 lbs and my frame size is medium.

I would glady accept advice from others owners of this model and would really appreciate you stating your impressions and evaluations about it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that I mostly ride pretty rough DH style trails, since there´s no specific all mountain trails around here in Rio de Janeiro. Thank you in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts