1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
150 Posts
Francois, after first hearing about a Czech lighting company here (see post #6 http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-riding/2012-mtbr-lights-shootout-739216-23.html#post8460635 ), I've exchanged emails with Michal Solc who is the owner of Zora Lighting in an effort to determine if the Zora Scorpion with 6150 measured lumens is for real.
It seems to be what he claims, and using Google Translator I was able, for the most part, read through the numerous reviews and forums (sought of European equivalents to CPF & MTBR) to find out quite a bit about this guy and is products.
This light claims to have a net output nearly 70% HIGHER than a Lupine Betty R!!! The build quality is definately there and it's way cheaper than a Betty R too.
You've just gotta get your hands on one for the shootout.
Here's the link to his site, you may have to use translator as his English page isn't finished yet ZORA - svtla na kolo

Let us know what you think.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
All new Gloworms, Exposure and Jet Lites are coming asap.

Niterider and Cygolite have declined to participate so far.

fc
great to see that. Nice to meet you last year and as you can see, I don't support the chit lights with flammable batteries. :( Anyway, too bad you don't have the TridenX on you test as that's always been one of the reference lights!!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All new Gloworms, Exposure and Jet Lites are coming asap.

Niterider and Cygolite have declined to participate so far.

fc
Niterider is now all in!!!

A company called Fluxient lights is in too.

Last year, about 4 companies sent me the exact same Chinese light but different features and marketing speak for them. It just burned me out so I don't want to bother. I care about value pricing but safety is key too. Original engineering, innovation and US jobs are good too.

fc

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the xeccon s6 for my main front light but have 2 xeccon s12 there as well just in case theres no light and im awat from ppl. Also helps if the s6 fails for any reason. So far really good throw and also light close to the bike too. Really impressed with the system

·
Two Tired
396 Posts
More charts for the pool

Price is pretty well coordinated to output as measured in lumen or lux (as expected based on a previously posted chart).
Blue Colorfulness Text White Line

Text Colorfulness White Line Font

There is a lot of variation in head weight for the price. This may make a difference if you are looking for a helmet light.
Blue Colorfulness Text White Line

1 - 20 of 22 Posts