Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This is my first post on here but I have read many reviews over the past few days as I'm close to replacing my old 2001 Schwinn S30. I am between the Trek X Caliber 9 (29r), Giant Talon 1 (27.5), a Felt (29r), and a Jamis Nemesis Race 13' (27.5) and can't seem to get away from the Jamis...However I just can't find enough positive reviews to convince me it's the right bike from the price. It's brand new and I'd pay $1,400 for it. The 2014 lists for $1900 and was on sale for $1,570 but I don't want to buck up the extra $170 for it...Any thoughts? I really think I want to stick with a 27.5 which only leaves me the Talon and the Jamis.

2013 Jamis Nemesis | Mountain Bike Components and Reviews

Thanks in advanced for the feedback everyone and I hope I can contribute to the community once I get off my 01' Schwinn S30 Schwinn 1999 S-30 Full Suspension Bike Reviews - Mtbr.com

-Garrett

·
Wrench
769 Posts
IMAG1433.jpg

Awesome frame.

Raced it in Texas. Now live in Fort Collins, still riding and racing. Can't speak highly enough of the frame. Jamis is a good company to deal with if you ever have warranty issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Feedback appreciated, going with Giant XTC

So I ordered the Jamis then talked to a buddy about the local shops and he pointed me to a shop that carried the Giant line up and I went with the XTC 27.5 2 XtC 27.5 2 (2014) | Giant Bicycles | United States

I'm pretty confident with the decision and will post pics when I get it! Thanks for the help and if anyone has feedback it's appreciated.

View attachment 888509

Awesome frame.

Raced it in Texas. Now live in Fort Collins, still riding and racing. Can't speak highly enough of the frame. Jamis is a good company to deal with if you ever have warranty issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts