Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really ready to spend big bucks on my next ride but I am looking for an upgrade.

The decision is coming down to the GT zaskar comp and the Airborne seeker. They are within $50 of each other because the GT is a 2013 model that has been discounted at my LBS.

Thoughts? Anyone have much experience with either?

thanks for your input.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should probably add that this will be my first purchase since getting back into the sport. I spent the past 12 years immersed in the running culture and the joints need a break. I won't be riding much in terms of jumps or downhill, although there are some areas on the local trails that are "technical".

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
Me personally I would go with the Airborne Seeker.
Why ?
Recon Gold over the Recon silver fork.
Only difference in drive train is you get X-5 / X-5 2x10 with a 11-36 SRAM cassette with SRAM GXP bottom bracket with the Seeker.
The only difference in the GT is you get X-7 Rear Derailleur and a Shimano 11-36 cassette which in my opinion ain't a big deal.
The one down side to getting the Airborne Seeker is that you won't have LBS support but most LBS's will work on them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! I just stopped by the LBS to take a second look at the GT and one thing that stuck out was how incredibly messy that the welds were on it. Not sure if this is indicative of the GT's or the lower level frame, but they were really a mess. I have only seen two Airborne bikes in person and they both looked MUCH better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts