Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I picked up a used Scalpel with the 2013 CTD with trail adjust shock, this thing seems to have a problem with the CTD lever, trail adjust and rebound buttons:

Initially the CTD lever was very stiff, so i tried to take off the rebound (red) botton which i did with a 1.5mm allen key. Then, I tried to pull out the other 1.5mm bolt out of the main body behind the CTD lever to see if that freed things up, but I’m not sure what this bolt does.

Tried loosening and tightening this bolt, putting the rebound button back on several times, and now the trail adjust won’t move, the rebound button is hard to move but the CTD lever moves a bit better.

Is there a proper way this thing goes back together? (i.e. bolt tightening sequence, if i need to do this with or without pressure in the shock, turn it upside down etc) I can’t find an explosion diagram of the shock anywhere. Maybe I need to send it to Fox?

·
Workin for the weekend!
1,341 Posts
Mine has always been "notchy", I'm on my second CTD shock. The first did not have trail adjust, it was the basic version which was much more fluid in actuation.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My CTD did not function whatsoever. And the shock itself was making a noise that reminded me of a creak that I continued to determine location of origin for a couple of rides. Never heard of a shock doing that but it did. Finally took it to LBS and asked what they thought. It's at Fox as we speak getting rebuilt and a "custom" build or that's what I was told. We shall see. Also having my fork "rebuilt" again, it is not right either. Hope to have it back by spring break next week to ride. If I'm still unhappy I am thinking time to "PUSH"

·
Registered
73 Posts
My CTD did not function whatsoever. And the shock itself was making a noise that reminded me of a creak that I continued to determine location of origin for a couple of rides. Never heard of a shock doing that but it did. Finally took it to LBS and asked what they thought. It's at Fox as we speak getting rebuilt and a "custom" build or that's what I was told. We shall see. Also having my fork "rebuilt" again, it is not right either. Hope to have it back by spring break next week to ride. If I'm still unhappy I am thinking time to "PUSH"
What was your final outcome? I have the same thing happening now with my shock...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts