Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Columbus, GA
340 Posts
It's gotta be a design flaw, and it's weird they're blaming you since they seem to have dealt with other owners' issues in a much better way. The 2009-2010 XCT (what I have) had frame cracking issues as well, but fortunately I haven't had mine crack after 7 years, though I am pretty light. Anyway, best of luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Persistence, keep at it and I'm sure Jamis will warranty the issue. Eventually my three 2013 frame cracks (two seat tube, one chain stay) led to a Carbon replacement frame. 3 years later, no issues. Are you going through a dealer or direct ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a crack in the same spot on my 2014 Dakar 650b. Delt with customer service through a dealer for 5 months. Finally jamis said I can only get a crash credit of 25% for a new bike at MSRP price since thr frame is no longer available. Im looking around at other makes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chris at Jamis offered me a crash replacement discount on MSRP of a Defcon frame also, but it was a requirement that I pay a bike shop to swap over the parts from the AMT Pro. Plus he told me that the Defcon uses a longer travel fork than the 150mm Pike so I'd need to buy a new fork as well. I will never buy a Jamis bike again!!! BTW, I stripped the Jamis AMT Pro of all its parts and used them to build up a Knolly Endorphin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I would have to pay for the changeover also. Jamis is not taking any responsibility for the cracked frame by offering a measly 20- 25% off a new bike -that is just a portion of the markup a bike shop would charge. And I am stuck with parts I don't want.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts