Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oooohhh...

...that is trick.

Questions: any provision for internal dropper post routing, a la Reverb Stealth?

And, uh, got a carbon one coming by any chance?

Good to see some focus on the pedal-able big bike segment, nice work!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hot, hot, hot! :thumbsup:

Any word on the weight of the frame?

Is the swingarm retrofit-able to the old Uzzi VP?

Will there be a CCDBair option?

Any changes on travel?

Jeff, you mentioned it is lower and slacker in the vid from Eurobike. Any numbers?

Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
exactly my thoughts as well. noodle of a rear triangle is the 1 fault I have with my uzzi vp--even with a 12mm thru axle back there. it's not as bad the 6.6 was but a 7.5 inch travel rig should have a solid rear triangle.

Love my uzzi...just sayin'

edit: this was in response to sanjosedre's comment

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Hey Jeff,
Home run once again!
Show us a pix of the front derailleur mount.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Excellent news, more pics please!

Any word on the specs yet?

Someone posted something about slacker angles, hopefully not too much though. I’d like to see the Uzzi clearly positioned in the AM-Enduro category meaning something like HA66.5-67 w/ 160mm fork & HA65.5-66 w/ 180mm fork with balanced rear travel say 6.5” & 7” --> good in descending and yet ‘pedalable’ as hell. Uzzi doesn’t need to be a DH bike, that’s why they have the SS2, 951 and M9 to choose from.

I’m also hoping the new Uzzi will loose (some) weight and be closer to rivals such Nomad, Firebird, MojoHD…..

Just some thoughts for discussion… :thumbsup:

·
My leg feels funny
1,289 Posts
Someone posted something about slacker angles, hopefully not too much though. I'd like to see the Uzzi clearly positioned in the AM-Enduro category meaning something like HA66.5-67 w/ 160mm fork & HA65.5-66 w/ 180mm fork with balanced rear travel say 6.5" & 7" --> good in descending and yet 'pedalable' as hell. Uzzi doesn't need to be a DH bike, that's why they have the SS2, 951 and M9 to choose from.
:confused: Why not just buy a tracer then? I want a bike I can pedal around and still take to the bike parks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
:confused: Why not just buy a tracer then? I want a bike I can pedal around and still take to the bike parks.
Have the Tracer as my trailbike, it's great. 'Basic' trail build w/ 150mm Talas, RP23, 2x10 drivetrain, light components and so on...

Yep, you're right. One option is to go with second Tracer w/ 160mm fork, coil shock, 1x10mm drivetrain, chainguide, wider bar.... build it for trashing and Enduro racing. But that's a goddam boring idea, and the trade-off is to forget future tuning w/ 180mm forks.. Uzzi, however, sounds like a lot of fun and what I meant in my previous post was that I see the Uzzi as the next step upwards from the Tracer in Intense's 'frame portfolio' and would therefore like to see it's geometry/weight to be in the range of what you'd expect of AM-Enduro frames.. Not going too slack, and all that.. No need to address the DH aspect too much as there are other models for that, right? Have the 951 FRO also, btw..

Hmm, another fun idea, get the Carbine, build it for trail and 'convert' the existing Tracer for Enduro.. Well, let's wait and see the new Uzzi first.. :)

·
I just wanna go fast!
1,941 Posts
New Uzzi has G3 dropouts, so you'll get three head angle settings. I'll bet running it in the steep setting will put it pretty close (if not right on) to 66.5 - 67*, especially with a 160mm fork.

·
Registered
52 Posts
All these configurations on the uzzi is making me drool.
But when will it be out and the prIce?
If its at the same as the previous model. It will be damn enticing
Am holding out on getting the old model for this

1 - 20 of 505 Posts