Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Came sooner than you were told then. More pictures when you've picked it up please. Hope you don't lose too much on the 2012 you bought a few weeks back. I saw the XTR version in the flesh again yesterday, the kashmina shock looks very bling.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I thought you said it was due for early november,good for you :thumbsup:

What about your new Comp then ?? Emergency/workout bike ??

Damn it,I've spent the whole week with my Stumpy and my brand new Epic Expert is getting way too much dust,your pic reminds me is time to get it out again !!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When did you get your frame?
What does it weigh? You've got quite an interesting tire set-up
The XL is 22.56 lbs without pedals

Yes it came sooner than I was being told recently. Apparently I was being told the time it said on the website to order one not the actual ETA on my bike. Still doesn't explain why someone at specialized told me they were pushed back due to not enough pre-orders.

I'm going to sell the comp carbon, if anyone wants it let me know. Otherwise it will be on ebay very soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My warranty replacement for my 2011 s works came in 2 wks ago.

21 lbs 13 oz as shown without pedals. Medium.

Swapped to Racing Ralph snake skins for sm 100. Only had a chance to swap front back to renegade. Will switch rear back soon and probably weigh 21.5 with cb 11 pedals.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congrats! I wish my frame would show up!!

Did just the frame come? What size?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! I wish my frame would show up!!

Did just the frame come? What size?
Complete bike, XL
It's not rideable yet, rear derailleur problem and rear brake needs a bleed.

Not to start with 2012 problems but the crank seems hard to turn compared to my comp :/

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
21.56 lbs or 9780 grams as pictured (no pedals). I'm still unsure what chain ring set-up to use. I have XX 26/39, XO 24/38 and a 32T single ring, leaning towards the 32T.

Still waiting on my CB 11 pedals (+175 grams) and a few other small things which should drop 60 grams. It should be 21.8 lbs or 9900 grams when done.

BTW the fork rattles...

Now if it would stop raining :mad:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More rain last night which resulted in soft trails + puddles, I went to ride but it wasn't meant to be.

Yesterday was a somewhat eventful day. First when I was taking off the stock grips both plastic bar plugs broke, which resulted in them being stuck inside the bar. Shoved one in too far trying to get it out and the other one I soaked in hot water and pulled it out. To get the other one out I drilled a hole in an esi bar plug and took an air compressor to it, shot right out.

Now the real problem to this point, the brakes! Out of the box the rear pads were rubbing the rotor so bad the wheel would hardly spin, the shop had to bleed the rear brake. After the bleed it was clear the rotor was warped, not ideal but not terrible. Also it seemed the inside piston moved way less than the outside. The front rotor was warped as well, much worse than the rear. I tried to bed the brakes today and that was a no go, while using the front brake hard it shakes the fork violently. This was so bad I loosened the stem to make sure the fork was in the headset properly, which it was. I decided to use another rotor on the front. I go to swap rotor's and I find one bolt head is stripped, tried to loosen it with the torx anyway but it didn't work. Took a wiz wheel to the bolt and after a while was able to take it off with a flat head. I'd love to know who had the idea to put loctite on titanium bolts...but 3 of the bolts probably could have unscrewed by hand. Once that bolt was out I looked in the threads on the hub and it looked like it was stripped. I left it alone put the other 5 bolts back on and am going to bring it to the shop tomorrow.

And it's drizzling again :(

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Part of it was at the shop but I wasn't going to let the bike sit at the shop over the weekend due the rotors rubbing. Theirs only so much the shop can do if the rotors aren't straight. I told them I'll try it and if it's no good I'll bring it back. Maybe it need CPS washers up front, it doesn't have any now but it does on the back. In the press release for the 2012 XX WC brakes it says they aren't supposed to use CPS washers, the only other picture of a 2012 s-works I have seen had them front and back.

1 - 20 of 516 Posts