Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ok here's the deal: bolts are 3mm allen bolts and its metal. In other words, they are quite small, that explains the low weight as well.

No, just from where the bar starts to taper, its no biggie.
They are steel, so you (or I :devil:) could shave another 4-5 grams with ti
Ordering mine today

Do you have a caliper? Any chance you can measure them? Sorry i'm always in a rush to get things once I see them :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
It should be stronger than the Syntace. I'm sure there's data available online from some laboratory test if you want to geek out.
Syntace F99, New Ultimate, Extralight, Rotor all have 100ish gram stems but they're hard to find locally and probably not as strong as the Ritchey. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Syntace F109 at 100 mm is claimed to be 113 g

So it is comparable. The ritchey one is probably the lightedt mass produced 31.8 mm clamp stem on the market currently.

Only way to go lighter is if you go to 25.4 or you pay big dollar for boutique stuff like extralite.
There is one other option - an Ibis stem with Ti tapered head bolts from Tom.I have a 70mm @ 91 grams, a 80mm @ 93 grams, so a 100mm should be around 97 grams.These are dirt cheap @ $45.00 and very strong. Ibis specs this stem on their AM HD Mojo bike.
I have 3 years on mine with several trips to bike parks and its been great - no issues.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.