Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
I was given this one for Christmas.... full XTR, Manitou Mars CL fork with Fox Float shock. It comes in around 23/24 pounds I think. I'll have the Eggbeaters on it for actual riding -- the platforms were just so I could ride home from my uncle's house.

And this one is currently also XTR/XT, but it will be seeing a singlespeed conversion once I get back to my dorm and back to the bike. I changed out the brakes from XTR v-brakes to BB7s, and I changed the Cane Creek WAM wheels to Mavic Crossrides.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2011 Edict Pro

Added the Crossmax Sl's, Thomson Stem & Post, & Schwalbe Nobby Nic's - 23lb 12oz. Ready for 2012 Race Season !!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Chubby Chaser
664 Posts
What are you racing? Dropper post, flats, tiny stem... Just Seems like an interesting xc setup
I know the bike looks like it has a serious case of identity crisis right now. Normally it has a carbon seat post, egg beater pedals, and a slk carbon xc flat bar.

I found this awesome AM/DH type trail and my friends and I have been riding that almost every weekend hence the unusual parts. The bike is pulling double duty :p

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
2012 Scott Scale RC 29er in XL. Was about 21 out of the box w/o pedals and is still 21 lbs with some changes (wheels, stem, tires, saddle, grips, etc) and with XTR pedals. Fun bike!
How do you like the Ikon up front? For a lot of the races last year I was running a Conti Raceking up front which I liked a great deal, but I'm on Maxxis this year so I'm thinking things. Does it have more volume than an Ignitor or a Crossmark? I've been really enjoying Ardents in the offseason, but I'd like something lighter to try and keep up with freakishly tall kids riding plastic bikes.;)

·
more skier than biker
2,390 Posts
How do you like the Ikon up front?
I've run an Ikon up front (and rear) for about the past year and a half and love it. I was a little skeptical at first, as I used to a front tire with a little more edges (think WTB Wolverine), but for 90% of the XC races that I do...I'll be running Ikons front and rear. For races that are bit chunkier, (i.e. Downieville Classic, Tahoe-Sierra 100) I'll switch to something with a little more bite/volume.

Now that I think about it for about the half the season last year, I had an Ikon up front and an Aspen in the rear. Really really dug that combo....(I've run an Aspen in the front in the past and hated it, but I like the Ikon in front much better).

FWIW - I live and race primarily in NorCal

I weigh 165 - 170lbs and at first I was riding the non-EXO (no sidewall protected versions), and I tore sidewalls on 3 different occasions...after the third time, I switched to the EXO sidewall versions and have been ok so far. I ride for Maxxis as well, so I just might pick a pair of the non-protected versions for really smooth non-tech courses (i.e. Sea Otter), but for day in and day out riding and racing and peace of mind at the cost of a small weight penalty, I've been happy with the EXO versions.

(I know you didn't ask me in particular, but I figure extra data points always helps).

·
more skier than biker
2,390 Posts
My 2012 XC Race/Endurance Race/Every day bike. (I routinely swap out different gear ratios, tires, and don't always run the Race Golds...they're race day only for the most part).

Independent Fabrications Ti Deluxe 29'er SS (added cable stops to it, so can runs gears if I want at some point):

Attachments

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
I've run an Ikon up front (and rear) for about the past year and a half and love it. I was a little skeptical at first, as I used to a front tire with a little more edges (think WTB Wolverine), but for 90% of the XC races that I do...I'll be running Ikons front and rear. For races that are bit chunkier, (i.e. Downieville Classic, Tahoe-Sierra 100) I'll switch to something with a little more bite/volume.

Now that I think about it for about the half the season last year, I had an Ikon up front and an Aspen in the rear. Really really dug that combo....(I've run an Aspen in the front in the past and hated it, but I like the Ikon in front much better).

FWIW - I live and race primarily in NorCal

I weigh 165 - 170lbs and at first I was riding the non-EXO (no sidewall protected versions), and I tore sidewalls on 3 different occasions...after the third time, I switched to the EXO sidewall versions and have been ok so far. I ride for Maxxis as well, so I just might pick a pair of the non-protected versions for really smooth non-tech courses (i.e. Sea Otter), but for day in and day out riding and racing and peace of mind at the cost of a small weight penalty, I've been happy with the EXO versions.

(I know you didn't ask me in particular, but I figure extra data points always helps).
Thanks!:thumbsup:

RideFaster and I race the same courses in New England, but I'll take any info I can get.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts